JOB POSTING 2021-47-01
- Community Living
- Child & Youth Support Worker
- Wage: $21.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Part Time – Permanent (18 hours/week)
- Monday-Thursday 3:00-7:30pm; Friday 4:00-8:30pm
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 90 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
The Community Living Support Worker is responsible to assist children and youth aged 8-18 years with diverse abilities participate in social and recreational activities within the STAR program and within their community. This position includes connecting the individuals served to community resources and providing a variety of social and recreation activities, with the view of helping each person served strive for further independence, inclusion, and improved quality of life.
- Engage in one-to-one support with each person to develop Individual Service Plan, which is reflective of their personal goals, to be reviewed regularly.
- Works collaboratively with the individual in assisting to reach their goals, review and evaluate their progress, and adjust their individual service plan, as required.
- Identify and offer social, recreational and skill building opportunities that are reflective of each individual and their groups interests; provide support, guidance, and instruction to facilitate participation.
- Identify and access community resources that meet each individual needs; ensuring all activities are delivered in accordance with the philosophies of ACS and the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)
- Provide personalized care to individuals in a dignified manner, when needed.
- Connect with individuals via telephone and video conferencing, when appropriate
- Meet with individuals for outreach services in the community, when appropriate
- Encourage all parties to abide by COVID-19 provincial public health directives and Archway COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Accompanies and/or transports individuals to activities.
- Maintain daily progress notes and other documentation, ensuring all required documentation is complete and accurate.
- Monitor individual satisfaction and funder satisfaction of current programming.
- Ensures effective program delivery that is consistent with agency and program mandate, policies, and procedures and as per CARF and CLBC program standards.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, team workshops, agency trainings and professional development sessions and activities.
- Upholds and promotes an atmosphere of dignity and respect in line with the philosophy and policies of Archway Community Services.
- Complete additional duties as designated by the Community Living Manager.
Qualifications & Skills
Education and Certification:
- Diploma in the human services or equivalent education/experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License, Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
- A minimum of one-year work experience supporting persons with diverse abilities.
Knowledge and Skill Set
- Well developed interpersonal helping skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Strength-based perspective in all areas of work.
- Excellent organization, time, and general management skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and with other program staff, relevant service providers and community members, awareness of community resources and referral sources.
- Able to use virtual meeting platforms like Microsoft Teams and Cisco WebEx.
- Ability to engage in public speaking as needed.
- Strong planning, organizing, and time management skills, able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills; able to build rapport with individuals, families/caregivers, and team members.
- Ability to maintain individual confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- This position requires meeting in-person, requiring adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- This position requires driving an agency vehicle.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2021-47-01
Closing date is Tuesday, July 27th
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Archway Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
Our Staff Love Their Jobs
Who We Help
Read some of the stories of people we’ve helped.
When you join the Archway team, you are part of a movement working everyday to make a difference in our communities.
The Archway Social Prescribing Program for Seniors helps seniors in Abbotsford delay frailty, practice self-care management, and reduce their loss of independence. The program offers a pathway from a doctor or nurse practitioner’s office to local, non-clinical...
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
This deadline for submitting your application is Tuesday, July 27th