JOB POSTING 2021-26-09
- Recycling Program
- Line Worker/Plant Worker
- Wage: $15.50 per hour
- Part-Time 24-32 Hours per week
Archway Community Services has been helping people since 1969. We provide more than 90 programs and services to clients at every stage of life. Our vision for the future is justice, opportunities and equitable access for all. We strive toward that goal by fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership. Come help us help people.
- Sort recyclable materials, as directed, from a conveyor belt, including opening blue bags, sorting paper and cardboard and sorting containers
- Operate equipment in a manner consistent with manufacturer’s specifications and WorkSafe regulations
- Maintain clean and safe workstation
- Assist in daily clean-up
- Empty barrels and boxes from line, as required
- Attend daily staff production meetings as required
- Be able to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have own form of transportation
Relevant Skills and Qualifications
- Able to work in a dusty environment and complete a Fitness Assessment prior to beginning work
- Good communication skills
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs./25 kgs., periodically
- Capable of doing repetitive tasks and standing for extended periods of time
- Be able to work with a minimum amount of supervision
- Follow the code of ethics in a manner consistent with the policy and procedures of the agency
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities
- Promote an inclusive environment and respect all people and their diversity
- Deal with all concerns, opinions and suggestions in a respectful manner
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Job Posting 2021-26-09
Closing date is Wednesday, August 4th
No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Archway Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
Our Staff Love Their Jobs
Who We Help
Read some of the stories of people we’ve helped.
When you join the Archway team, you are part of a movement working everyday to make a difference in our communities.
The Archway Social Prescribing Program for Seniors helps seniors in Abbotsford delay frailty, practice self-care management, and reduce their loss of independence. The program offers a pathway from a doctor or nurse practitioner’s office to local, non-clinical...
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
This deadline for submitting your application is Wednesday, August 4th