Abbotsford Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) CentreMedically supervised methadone and suboxone treatment that promotes the well-being of people affected by opioid misuse
Abbotsford Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre
The Abbotsford Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre is an opioid agonist treatment centre that provides methadone and suboxone treatment. Working alongside Fraser Health, the OAT program uses medications such as suboxone or methadone to stabilize a person who is addicted to substances and significantly reduce harm associated with opioid use.
We offer a safe space where clients can receive help from a physician and from a mental health support worker for substance use and /or addiction.
Specialized physician support with:
- Withdrawal management
- Suboxone or Methadone induction and stabilization
Support worker assistance with:
- Referrals to other community services and primary care physicians
- Accessing shelter or housing
We are a team of professionals trained in opioid misuse assessment, education, treatment and prevention. We are committed to providing professional, non-discriminatory therapy and adhere to guidelines regarding privacy and client confidentially.
- Resident of Abbotsford
- Seeking opioid treatment for an addiction to opioids (The service is not meant for those looking for pain management)
- A valid BC personal health number (PHN)
- You can be referred by a professional or you can refer yourself
To Access the Opioid Agonist Treatment Centre
- Please call and book an appointment. If you call outside of our operating hours, we will respond the next business day.
- You can then complete an intake form which may be done in person or over the phone.
- If available, please bring your Driver’s License or BC Services Card (with your personal health number) to your appointment.
- There is no charge for our services.
- The costs of the prescriptions may be covered by your extended health benefits or through Pharmacare.
Archway Community Services
203-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Monday 9am to 3pm
Tuesday 9am to 5pm
Wednesday 9am to 6pm
Thursday 9am to 5pm
Friday 9am to 5pm
Fraser Health Crisis Line
604.951.8855 or 1.877.820.7444 (toll-free)
Trained volunteers provide emotional crisis support, 24/7
Stories & News from Health Services
The Cabin, a drop-in daytime centre for those experiencing homelessness, will be closing at the end of September. The Cabin was funded through a one-year grant from Strengthening Communities Services Grant from the Union of BC Municipalities (UBCM). While the...
Archway provides homeless individuals with multiple resources such as the Cabin and the Lodge.
“Like gasoline on an open fire,” is how the team at the Archway Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre describes the effects of COVID on the opiate crisis. “We have become much busier since COVID began. Our referrals, self-referrals, and intakes have increased in both...