Abbotsford Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre
The Abbotsford Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre is an opioid agonist treatment centre that provides methadone and suboxone treatment. Working alongside Fraser Health, the OAT program uses medications such as suboxone or methadone to stabilize a person who is addicted to substances and significantly reduce harm associated with opioid use.
We offer a safe space where clients can receive help from a physician and from a mental health support worker for substance use and /or addiction.
Specialized physician support with:
- Withdrawal management
- Suboxone or Methadone induction and stabilization
Support worker assistance with:
- Referrals to other community services and primary care physicians
- Accessing shelter or housing
We are a team of professionals trained in opioid misuse assessment, education, treatment and prevention. We are committed to providing professional, non-discriminatory therapy and adhere to guidelines regarding privacy and client confidentially.
- Resident of Abbotsford
- Seeking opioid treatment for an addiction to opioids (The service is not meant for those looking for pain management)
- A valid BC personal health number (PHN)
- You can be referred by a professional or you can refer yourself
To Access the Opioid Agonist Treatment Centre
- Please call and book an appointment. If you call outside of our operating hours, we will respond the next business day.
- You can then complete an intake form which may be done in person or over the phone.
- If available, please bring your Driver’s License or BC Services Card (with your personal health number) to your appointment.
- There is no charge for our services.
- The costs of the prescriptions may be covered by your extended health benefits or through Pharmacare.
Archway Community Services
203-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Monday 9am to 3pm
Tuesday 9am to 5pm
Wednesday 9am to 6pm
Thursday 9am to 5pm
Fraser Health Crisis Line
604.951.8855 or 1.877.820.7444 (toll-free)
Trained volunteers provide emotional crisis support, 24/7
Stories & News from Health Services
“Like gasoline on an open fire,” is how the team at the Archway Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre describes the effects of COVID on the opiate crisis. “We have become much busier since COVID began. Our referrals, self-referrals, and intakes have increased in both...
Kal’s Journey from Food Bank Client to Volunteer “I abused drugs for years,” Kal starts, getting right to some of the toughest parts of his story. Back in the 90s, what started as serious partying turned darker, to the abuse of marijuana, LSD and more. One night...
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...