Federal Employment Diverse-Abilities Skills Training ProgramAssists persons with disabilities to improve their employment readiness
Federal Employment Diverse-Abilities Skills Training Program (FEDS)
The Federal Employment Diverse-Abilities Skills Training Program (FEDS) is designed to facilitate skill development, further employment education, and workplace experience to assist persons with disabilities (emotional/psychological, physical) and/or learning disabilities (either diagnosed or self-identified) improve their employment readiness.
FEDS has two employment themes which include:
- work opportunities leveraged through a partnership with Public Service Commission (PSC) to employ persons in a Government of Canada job,
- OR alternate employment in collaboration with Rotary at Work and/or other local employers.
We provide a variety of services for our participants including case management, facilitation, wrap-around supports, employments skills, and work experience placement. Working collaboratively with individuals, both in one-to-one and group settings, our team provides support based on their skills, abilities and goals, whilst addressing barriers to employment.
All individuals will participate in a Digital Literacy Program, to further enhance each person’s computer skills, regardless of their future employment path.
Is This Program Right For You?
- You have a high school / secondary school diploma or (employer approved alternatives)
- You wish to enhance your computer skills by completing a Digital Literacy Course (computer skills program with basic and advanced training options)
- You are able to commit to 12 weeks of workshops and training approximately 5 hours per week
- You are interested in pursuing employment with the Public Service Commission to work for the Government of Canada, possibly working from home on a computer AND/OR
- You are interested in participating in a two-week work experience opportunity with the Rotary Club
People We Help
If you meet the following the eligibility criteria and are interested in employment support, please contact us.
- Individuals who are currently receiving Persons with Disabilities (PWD) benefits AND
- Self-identify as having a disability OR
- Are assessed as having a disability using an approved assessment tool.
To Access FEDS
- Please contact us to see if you’re eligible for services.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Employment Programs
The Archway STRIDE for Older Workers program has an exciting new initiative to help match local employers with great candidates who have completed STRIDE. Can your business lend a hand? Participating can help efficiently match employers with qualified, pre-screened...
Recently, Career Paths participant Mansi shared great news with Program Coordinator, Mary Finch - she got a great job at a local design company, Circle Graphics! Mansi shared: "I came to Canada in January and felt lonely and isolated. I left a great career as a...
The Archway Skills Training Results in Directed Education and Employment (STRIDE) program has moved their program to an effective combination of online/tele-consults and in person to keep supporting clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. STRIDE helps unemployed or...