Mobile Seniors OutreachProvides supports and resources to seniors during the current COVID-19 pandemic
Mobile Seniors Outreach
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Senior Services department is providing additional, mobile supports for isolated older adults 65+. This will ensure local seniors are supported during this unprecedented time with practical and social services. All services are currently being offered remotely over the phone or through video services.
Assistance provided includes:
- Support with online grocery shopping
- Over-the phone prescription refills / setting up prescription delivery
- Scheduling / rescheduling appointments
- Support setting up online banking
- Appropriate referrals to community service agencies / programs
- Support with sourcing out transportation services
- Accessing online informational / educational resources
- Assisting with virtual communication apps set-up (Facebook, Skype, etc.) to maintain connection to family & friends
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for seniors since 1969.
Hours of Operation
8:00am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Senior Services
Social Prescribing Program When Helen was denied entry across the border from Seattle to Abbotsford due to COVID-19 restrictions, she couldn’t imagine how she could continue to assist her 92-year-old mother Vera with a variety of essential tasks as she advanced in...
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
A pilot Community Van project aims to fill the gap for non-transit transportation in Abbotsford. Volunteers will drive vulnerable and low-income individuals and families to appointments, services and community or work participation activities. Archway Community...