Young Parent Community OutreachResources and supports for young parents in Abbotsford.
New Beginnings’ Young Parent Community Outreach
New Beginnings’ Young Parent Community Outreach connects young parents with services, resources and supports in Abbotsford. Assistance is available for parents who are attending or have recently graduated from secondary school, current and former New Beginnings participants and those not currently ready to attend school.
- Help accessing resources for income assistance and housing.
- Support in matters of family court, child support, family maintenance and family justice.
- Support in working with MCFD/FVACFSS.
- Assistance accessing mental health and addictions services.
- Support while maintaining healthy relationships with partners.
- Offering resources and guidance in cases of violence and abuse.
- Referrals to other Archway programs, including the Food Bank.
- Help accessing parenting classes through New Beginnings (dependent on COVID-19 safety guidelines.)
- Guidance when pursuing post-secondary education.
- Providing mental health and emotional support.
- Support in developing positive parenting skills.
- Help with finding and securing quality childcare.
Priority may be given to parents aged 24 and younger.
To Access New Beginnings Supports:
- Please give us a call if you are interested in attending New Beginnings or seeking Young Parent Community Outreach.
- Registration for New Beginnings and intake for Young Parents run continuously throughout the year.
Did You Know?
The New Beginnings program began in 1990.
8:30am – 3:30pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
102-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from the Family & Children Programs
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
Ann Gardner, Anne Laury and Kathy Cook sorting donated toys. (left to right) Organizers for the cancelled Toys for Tots event have been astonished by the generosity of the community. The event had to be cancelled just three days before the planned drive-thru on...
Like so many community events, Toys for Tots which raises toys and financial donations for the Christmas Bureau program of the Archway Food Bank, has had to readjust their plans due to COVID-19. The fundraiser has transitioned to a drive-thru event in the parking lot...