The agency was previously known as Abbotsford Community Services from 1995 until 2019 when we changed our name to be more inclusive to the communities we serve outside of Abbotsford. Click here to learn more about the history of Archway Community Services.
Our more than 400 staff members and 1,000 volunteers provide services at 24 locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley and Chandigarh, India.
Who Do We Help?
Each year thousands come through our doors looking for help through one or more of our 90+ programs.
- From newborn babies, to seniors – we help people of all ages.
- From people escaping violence, to people struggling with addictions – we help people in crisis.
- From newcomers in Canada, to people with diverse disabilities – we help people feel like they belong.
Justice, opportunities and equitable access for all.
Archway Community Services fosters community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.
Inclusivity – We welcome everyone, showing consideration and respect for all experiences and ideas.
Compassion – We empower others, and defend and advocate for human dignity.
Excellence – We never stop learning and improving. We pursue our vision with determination, ethics, and heart.
Our Three-Fold Intent
- To plan for and provide direct social and community services.
- To heighten awareness of social concerns in the community & to foster community involvement.
- To create opportunities for community members to participate in serving, developing and strengthening our communities through partnership with government, private organizations and individuals.
The Meaning Behind Archway
An ‘arch’ draws its strength from the individual pieces supporting each other which is a metaphor for how we work together with our community to support those in need.
The ‘way’ part of the name speaks to how we help people looking to discover their direction and provide a positive path forward.
Statement of Diversity
We are children, youth, adults and seniors.
We are of all races, religions, all cultures, all abilities, all sexual orientation, all genders, and all economic levels.
We speak many languages.
We value diversity.
We endeavour to reflect this diversity in our volunteers, board and staff.
We respect all our neighbours and clients and extend our respect to them in all that we do..
We embrace all types of families.
Therefore, we will act to promote inclusion of all in our agency and in our community.
Provincial Certificate of Incorporation # S-8439
Federal Charitable Registration # 10767 8195 RR0001
We want to acknowledge that we gather on the traditional unceded territory of the Stō:ló people. Stō:ló territory extends from the mouth of the Fraser River to Boston Bar. Locally, this includes the Matsqui First Nation and Sumas First Nation. We give them thanks for sharing their land and resources with us.
We acknowledge and are grateful to the City of Abbotsford for their permissive tax exemption. This exemption helps Archway to continue forwarding its mission of ‘fostering community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership’ within Abbotsford.
Archway is a multi-funded, multiservice agency. We achieve our mission and vision through the support of numerous donors, foundations and funders. You can see specific contributors on each program page. We’ve acknowledged some of our major funders below:
- BC Housing
- Community Living BC
- Fraser Health
- Fraser Valley Aboriginal Children and Family Services
- Ministry of Advanced Education Skills and Training
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Ministry of Jobs, Trade & Technology
- Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction