Volunteer with ArchwayBe Part of 'People Helping People.'
Volunteer with Archway
Volunteers form the backbone of our organization. Thanks to the efforts, passions, and dedication of more than 1,000 volunteers, more than 50,000 working hours were contributed last year.
Who can Volunteer?
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers who have time to give back to the community. Typically, our volunteers are 18+, however special consideration may be made for volunteers aged 16 – 18.
Most of our volunteer shifts are between 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday, though there are a few evening and weekend shifts available.
How to Apply
Please note the application process to volunteer with Archway varies depending on program requirements and the time it takes to receive your criminal record check.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Archway Community Services!
We welcome practicum students at Archway and invite you to share you interest by filling out this form.
As we receive many requests, and to ensure your practicum placement is valuable to both you and Archway, please give advance notice.
“It’s about friendship, not just lessons.”
Friendship Match Volunteer
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
Supporting Refugees & Newcomers
Each year, Abbotsford welcomes many people who have been displaced from various countries around the world.
Archway offers settlement support through numerous programs and services and we often rely on volunteers to meet immediate and long-term needs for those newly arriving to Canada.
- Volunteers may help with driving, errands, childcare translating or long-term support
- Volunteers who can speak Pashto or Dari are especially needed for newly arrived Afghan refugees.
Volunteer drivers help individuals reach medical appointments and other services.
- Valid Drivers License
- First Aid
- Medical trips vary in length, and volunteer hours are based on your own availability.
- Trips through the Community Van program are scheduled between 7am and 3pm on weekdays and are within Abbotsford.
Migrant Agricultural Workers Support
Join the team helping migrant workers feel welcome in Canada.
- Bilingual: English & Spanish
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist migrant workers with translations (medical, banking, government agencies, etc.…) over the phone or in person.
- Assist with food hampers and preparing Welcome Backpacks (pick-up and delivery)
- Assist migrant worker with any emergencies
Learn More About Volunteering at Archway
We asked some of our volunteers this Question, ‘Why do you Volunteer?’ during National Volunteer week, And here are some of their answers.