Eagle’s Nest Out of School Care
Please note that the program is currently full and taking a wait list.
The out of school care program will focus on the engagement of children in their interests, with notable times made for large gross motor play, balanced with opportunities for calm. As we know, school age children, particularly at the end of the day, may feel overwhelmed, or over stimulated from their full school day. Our program acknowledges this and will work to provide activities that can engage the children in ways that provide opportunities for connection, socialization, and play.
Our morning program will focus on a calm start to the day offering stem, loose parts, and activities that focus on self-regulation, social skills and creating a positive start to their school day. If necessary, families are welcome to bring their child’s breakfast.
Our after-school program will provide opportunities for outdoor play, including games and team activities, as well as indoor activities that reflect the interest and creativity of the children. This will include art, reading, STEM and games. Time is also given for children to refuel with snacks they have with them.
The focus will be on engaging children where they are at, working on social skills and providing opportunities to be creative and explore their interests.
Eagle’s Nest Care Plan
The Eagle’s Nest Early Learning Centre is dedicated to the principles provided in the Early Learning Framework:
- Children are strong, capable in their uniqueness and full of potential.
- Families have the most important role in contributing to children’s well-being and learning.
- Educators are researchers and collaborators.
- Early years spaces are inclusive.
- People build connection and reconnection to land, culture, community, and place.
- Environments are integral to well-being and learning.
- Play is integral to well-being and learning.
- Relationships are the context for well-being and learning.
- Learning is holistic.
The Eagle’s Nest Learning Centre believes in the importance of understanding and engaging in the process of Truth, and Reconciliation. Staff and children will be provided opportunities to explore the heritage and importance of the First Nations, Inuit, and Metis peoples.
- Full time and part-time spaces are offered dependent on availability
- Part-time spaces must be on set days as we do not have the capacity for flexible schedules
- Grade 1-5
- $27 per day (including Pro-D days)
- $540 per month
- $700 per month for summer care
- $11 per day (including Pro-D days)
- $220 per month
- $380 per month for summer care
Hours of Operation:
- Mornings – 7:00am to 9:15am
- Afternoons – 3:15pm – 6:00pm
Learn more about the Eagle’s Nest Early Learning Centre at the Irene Kelleher Totí:ltawtxw Elementary School, including how to sign up for a spot.