Community Builders Awards Rules & Guidelines
- Nominations must be received by 11:59pm on Sept 18th, 2022 to be considered.
- Nominations will be evaluated by the nominations committee.
- All nominations are considered but are not guaranteed an award.
- Nominations are not carried over from previous years but can be resubmitted.
- We encourage you to give as much information on the nominee as possible. Further information may or may not be requested from the nominator, individual or group to help make the final decision.
- Nominations can be filled out online or by mailing in a nomination. Please see more information about the offline nomination process at the bottom of the page.
Flood Heroes Criteria
- An individual, group or organization who took significant action to provide volunteer relief efforts to those affected by the catastrophic flooding in the Fraser Valley in November 2021.
Community Builders Selection Criteria
- Nominees must have a connection to Archway Community Services (formerly known as Abbotsford Community Services). This can include volunteers, donors, past employees or board members or supporting organizations.
- The nominee must demonstrate a long-term commitment to serving the Fraser Valley community either presently or in the past with a measurable positive impact.
- An individual’s time that is compensated by a business is not eligible for consideration. The business could be recognized for their work in providing volunteers for the community.
- Current Archway staff members or board members are not eligible for individual awards but may be considered as part of another non-profit organization or business.
- Winners are decided by an Nominations Committee comprised of Archway staff and board members. Decisions are final and at the discretion of the committee.
- If a current Archway staff member or board member is a part of a nominated organization, the individual will not receive preferential treatment and will not be involved in the decision making committee.
- Winners will be notified at least two weeks prior to the awards event.
- Nominees that are not selected as an award winner will not be notified.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to use the online application form, please mail nominations to:
Community Builders’ Awards
c/o Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
In your nomination, please include the following information:
- Your Name & Contact Information
- Name and Contact Information of Nominee
- Description of the volunteer work, community tasks, and/or project(s) the nominee has been involved in.
- Describe how the nominee is connected to Archway Community Services
- An acknowledgement of the disclaimer
I understand that a nomination is not a guarantee of award recognition and that winners are decided by an executive committee at their discretion.