Abbotsford Addictions Centre
Therapists provide free alcohol and drug outpatient services, with a multicultural and seniors addictions component. We serve both youth and adults that are using and also those affected by substance misuse.
- Individual, couples, and family counselling
- Recovery and support groups
- Substance affected group
- Referrals to other services.
- Prevention activities in the community
- Smart Recovery
About Abbotsford Addictions Centre
- We are an outpatient community-based alcohol and drug counselling program founded in 1988.
- We work with individuals, couples, and families providing one-to-one counselling, couple and family counselling, and groups.
- We serve youth and adults regarding their own substance misuse or the effect that someone else’s substance misuse has on others.
- We are funded by the Fraser Health Authority, so there is no charge for any of our services.
- We use a bio-pschyo-social-spiritual professional approach to help people resolve their problems.
- We provide referrals to other services in the addiction field, such as day treatment and residential.
- We provide pamphlets, videos, and other resources to the community. We also provide public presentations upon request.
- We do prevention work in the schools and community and sponsor several community committees dealing with prevention.
- Our staff are all Masters level therapists or Masters level interns who continuously upgrade their knowledge and skills in order to provide effective services. We have male and female therapists, and provide services in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.
Who We Help
- Clients with a substance use issue
- Friends and family affected by someone else’s substance use
To Access the Abbotsford Addictions Centre
- You can be referred by a professional or you can refer yourself
- We have a continuous intake Monday thru Friday from 9am – 11am and 1pm – 3pm.
- Please call ahead to 604.850.5106 to check for availability.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
Closed between 12pm – 1pm
Abbotsford Addictions Centre
#202 – 31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from Health Services
Homelessness is a complex topic that can be linked to addiction, mental health, trauma, high housing costs and more. While there are no easy solutions, Archway is working on proactive solutions both on an individual and systemic level. To help address the issue of...
“Like gasoline on an open fire,” is how the team at the Archway Opioid Agonist Treatment (OAT) Centre describes the effects of COVID on the opiate crisis. “We have become much busier since COVID began. Our referrals, self-referrals, and intakes have increased in both...
Kal’s Journey from Food Bank Client to Volunteer “I abused drugs for years,” Kal starts, getting right to some of the toughest parts of his story. Back in the 90s, what started as serious partying turned darker, to the abuse of marijuana, LSD and more. One night...