Abbotsford Addictions CentreOutpatient community-based alcohol and drug counselling program
Abbotsford Addictions Centre
We are currently open but running with modified services during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need assistance, please call our office at 604-850-5106. We will return your call as soon as possible.
We have limited staff in our office and staff working remotely to assist clients by phone in order to limit in-person interaction.
Therapists provide free alcohol and drug outpatient services, with a multicultural and seniors addictions component. We serve both youth and adults that are using and also those affected by substance misuse.
- Individual, couples, and family counselling
- Recovery and support groups
- Substance affected group
- Referrals to other services.
- Prevention activities in the community
- Smart Recovery
About Abbotsford Addictions Centre
- We are an outpatient community-based alcohol and drug counselling program founded in 1988.
- We work with individuals, couples and families providing one to one counselling, couple and family counselling, and groups.
- We serve youth and adults regarding their own substance misuse or the effect that someone else’s substance misuse has on others.
- We are funded by the Fraser Health Authority, so there is no charge for any of our services.
- We use a bio-pschyo-social-spiritual professional approach to help people resolve their problems.
- We provide referrals to other services in the addiction field, such as day treatment and residential.
- We provide pamphlets, videos, and other resources to the community. We also provide public presentations upon request.
- We do prevention work in the schools and community, and sponsor several community committees dealing with prevention.
- Our staff are all Masters level therapists or Masters level interns who continuously upgrade their knowledge and skills in order to provide effective services. We have male and female therapists, and provide services in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi.
Who We Help
- Clients with a substance use issue
- Friends and family affected by someone else’s substance use
To Access the Abbotsford Addictions Centre
- You can be referred by a professional or you can refer yourself
- We have a continuous intake Monday thru Friday from 9am – 11am and 1-3pm.
- Please call ahead to 604.850.5106 to check for availability.
Hours of Operation
Mon 8:30 to 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
Closed between 12pm – 1pm
Abbotsford Addictions Centre
#202 – 31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford V2T 1V5
Stories & News from Health Services
Kal’s Journey from Food Bank Client to Volunteer “I abused drugs for years,” Kal starts, getting right to some of the toughest parts of his story. Back in the 90s, what started as serious partying turned darker, to the abuse of marijuana, LSD and more. One night...
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
The Opioid Agonist Therapy (OAT) Centre, operated by Abbotsford Community Services (ACS) and funded by Fraser Health, officially opened its doors on Nov 7, 2017 and has helped 136 patients so far.Physicians prescribe methadone or suboxone which helps opioid users...