Best for BabiesHelping support healthy pregnancies through education and nutritional support
Best for Babies
Best for Babies is a free Pregnancy Outreach Program funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada. The Prenatal Nutrition Program, which assists pregnant women who do not typically access traditional prenatal services, offers support during pregnancy and for 6 months post-partum. Particular attention is paid to promoting a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Weekly registered group drop-ins with food, guest speakers, health education, and childcare are provided for free – registration is required.
We Can Help You:
- Have a healthy pregnancy, which contributes to you having a healthy baby
- Feel more connected with other pregnant women and new moms
- Improve your diet
- Feel less stressed
- Get your questions answered
What We Offer!
- Group support
- Father support with a father support worker
- Information on pregnancy, labour, parenting, breastfeeding, nutrition, etc. Videos and books are also available
- Community resource referrals – we can help you get registered for Prenatal and Welcome Baby classes.
- Referrals to the Food Bank, New Beginnings, the Fraser Valley Pregnancy Center, and various other community resources
- Nutrition information – we can arrange for you to meet with a dietician
- Prenatal vitamins provided to you for FREE throughout your pregnancy
- Food vouchers to be redeemed for nutritious foods at Save-on-Foods
- Seasonal farmers’ market vouchers (must be a current program participant)
- Maternity and baby clothing exchanges
Who We Help
- Pregnant Individuals and their partners from pregnancy to six months post-partum
To Access Best for Babies
- Please contact us to register for our groups.
- There are no charges for clients.
Prenatal and New Parent Groups:
Please contact us to register prior to attending these groups. We are running in-person groups with limited numbers.
- Wednesday Expectant Moms Group
Group #1 – 1:00am – 2:30pm
Group #2 – 3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Thursday Best for Babies New Parents Group
3:00pm – 4:30pm
- Thursday Best for Babies South-Asian Group
10:00am – 12:00pm
“I was never judged. I found friends; women who were in the trenches of pregnancy and uncertainly like I was. Women who became my good friends and staff who have become mentors to me on this motherhood journey. They were kind and generous in every way.
The truth is, I would not be the stable mother that I am today without the support at Best for Babies.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for parents in the community for 50+ years.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
33780 Laurel Street
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1X4
In Partnership With:
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
Stories & News from the Family & Children Programs
When Jenelle was seven months pregnant with her first child, her husband, Dave, went on medical leave due to post-traumatic stress disorder. He withdrew as he worked through the trauma, he had experienced working as a 911 dispatcher. “It was really, really hard on...
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
Ann Gardner, Anne Laury and Kathy Cook sorting donated toys. (left to right) Organizers for the cancelled Toys for Tots event have been astonished by the generosity of the community. The event had to be cancelled just three days before the planned drive-thru on...