Bulk Buy Collective
Are you interested in healthy and affordable fresh produce?
Join the Bulk Buy Collective for monthly wholesale priced food all year round.
For just $15, you get 9-12 varieties of fruits and veggies once a month.
The program is open to all, but preference will be given to those that have a need.
The Bulk Buy Collective began in June 2021, and as of June 2023 there are more than 1000 individuals, including 450 children in 290+ households, who benefit from this shared purchasing power.
Save 30-40% on your produce bill!
How it works
- Order this month’s produce bag (credit and cash accepted)
- No commitment is required. We want this program to be as low barrier as possible to our community, meaning you can order from us whenever you need and are able.
- Once a month, every 2nd Saturday, produce will be available to pick up between 12 pm – 3 pm at 2539 Montvue Ave.
- Deliveries will be made to house-bound clients
- As a member of the Bulk Buy Collective, it is expected that you volunteer a few hours on a rotational basis.
- This can include sorting food, delivering food to clients, interacting with clients on pick-up day, etc.
- There are many duties available to ensure accessibility and children are welcome.
Standard and South Asian Produce Options
Bulk Buy Collective members are able to choose between a standard bag and/or a South Asian friendly produce bag!
The Food Justice program cares about food access in our community and we hope the Bulk Buy program will make fresh produce more affordable for you. We live in a culturally diverse community and as such, want to ensure we’re being inclusive of these culturally diverse needs.
The term ‘food security’ is achieved when “everyone in society has, at all times, economic and physical access to safe and nutritious food, sufficient to meet dietary needs and preferences.”
Food Justice Program
The Bulk Buy Collective is part of the Food Justice Program.
I moved to Abbotsford and didn’t really know anyone so I thought I’d volunteer to meet people. And I thought I can put food in bags once a month!
Paper Intake Form
This is what we needed in our lives!
12pm – 3pm
On the 2nd Saturday of each month
2539 Montvue Ave
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3V2