Courtyard for Men ProgramProvides counselling to immigrant men who have used or are at the risk of using violence in intimate relationships
Courtyard for Men Program
The Courtyard for Men program provides counselling and psychoeducation to immigrant men who have used or are at the risk of using violence in intimate relationships. The program focuses on preventing the occurrence or re-occurrence of domestic violence through supporting men to take responsibility for their actions and work toward changing their behaviour. Men are encouraged to reflect on their emotions, through group education and individual support.
Services are provided in group settings and/or a one-to-one basis. Group meetings generally take place in the evening and/or Saturday in the daytime.
This program is provided free of charge.
The program focuses on helping participants to:
- Learn constructive ways to deal with conflict.
- Move past aggression, identify and express the range of emotions.
- Learn about the dynamics that contribute to domestic violence situations
- Learn to identify signs of risk in order to prevent violence
- Develop stress management skills and strategies
- Identify personal triggers
Who We Help
- Men who speak Punjabi or Arabic.
To Access the Program
- A referral from your probation officer is needed.
- Referrals are received from the Community Corrections Offices in Abbotsford, Mission, Aldergrove and Maple Ridge
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing the Courtyard for Men program since 2019 and counselling services since 1969.