DiscoveryEngagement opportunities, activities, and experiences for adults with diverse abilities
Discovery Program participants pay for most of their daily community activities. Participants are provided with a monthly activity schedule and will know in advance of upcoming activities and the cost of each. Participant’s can indicate if they wish to participate.
Our Program Goals:
- To encourage and support individuals of all abilities to live fulfilling, interactive, and productive lives
- To provide a supportive environment which offers a wide variety of engagement opportunities, activities, and experiences
- To inspire individuals in identifying and achieving great personal goals & objectives
- To foster the development of skills, leading to increased independence and autonomy
- To promote and stimulate the formation of healthy peer relationships, which then can be self-sustained in the broader community
- To provide volunteer, pre-employment, and work opportunities
Who We Help
To be eligible for our Discovery Program;
- Participants must be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Be diagnosed with a developmental disability
- Be registered with CLBC and be referred by their office
- Be motivated to participate in a Community Inclusion program with daily group activities
To Join Discovery
- The Discovery program is funded by Community Living BC (CLBC)
- Interested applicants must contact CLBC (604.870.5900) to make an appointment to discuss participating in our Discovery program
- CLBC will then make a referral to our Discovery program for eligible participants
- Our Discovery program will schedule an intake meeting with the interested participant and their respective parent/caregiver
“I love coming to the Discovery program and going for coffee with my friends.”
Did You Know?
“I can’t believe how smooth the transition to this program has been. My daughter really seems to look forward to attending.”
In Partnership With:
Hours of Operation
8:30am – 3:30pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
300A-32555 Simon Avenue,
Abbotsford, B.C. V2T 4Y2
Discovery Participants and Events
Meet some of the Participants
Five Abbotsford businesses were recognized for hiring and supporting people with diverse abilities.
Our EPIC program is changing the lives of individuals with diverse abilities through meaningful work.
Betty Lou is a long time participant of the discovery program and takes pride in volunteering at Archway.