Diversity EducationPromotes cross-cultural understanding and learning within our community.
Diversity Education and Resource Services
Diversity Education promotes cross-cultural understanding and learning within our community through:
- Workshops and trainings
- An extensive resource lending library
- Providing assistance and consulting in policy development & organizational change
- Coordinating the Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership and Fraser Valley Human Dignity Coalition (see below).
Ongoing workshops are facilitated for businesses community organizations, school classes, youth & adult programs.
Examples of Workshop Topics
- Anti-racism response training
- Stereotypes & biases
- Diversity awareness
- Anti-homophobia & challenging heterosexism
- Responding to discrimination
- Diversity in media, marketing and communication
- Hiring for diversity
Who We Help
- We provide workshops for any interested groups
Anyone who has experienced discrimination is welcome to contact the office for support, resource and referrals.
To Access Diversity Education
To report an incident of discrimination, please contact us
- To book a workshop please contact us
- 604.859.7681 Ext: 270 or Diversity@archway.ca.
Fraser Valley Human Dignity Coalition
The Fraser Valley Human Dignity Coalition (FVHDC) is a group of community stakeholders & concerned citizens that work to address issue of hate and biased activities in Abbotsford. The coalition promotes:
- community partnerships
- supports victims of hate and bigotry
- provides citizens with public awareness & education opportunities
For more info: Fraser Valley Human Dignity Coalition Website
Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership
Archway Community Services has developed a locally based Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Council to involve people who work in different sectors (such as health, education, real estate and agriculture) in planning for the successful integration of more than 1000 newcomers who arrive in this city each year, and the many new immigrants who live in the Fraser Valley.
A group of business and community leaders who represent a variety of sectors and expertise form the Partnership Council. The main work of the Partnership Council is to oversee the development of a local newcomer settlement strategy and action plan, with the ultimate goal of factoring immigrant settlement and integration into the broader community planning process.
For more info: Abbotsford Local Immigration Partnership Website
Hours of Operation
Mondays to Fridays 8:30am – 4:30pm
Some groups run later as well
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9