Employing People in the CommunitySupported work placements for adults with diverse abilities
Employing People in the Community (EPIC)
As an essential service, EPIC will continue to run during the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, with a Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) approved COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
Employing People in the Community (EPIC) strives to empower individuals with diverse abilities find and maintain meaningful and sustainable employment, while fostering their independence in their community.
EPIC bridges the gap between job seekers and inclusive employers by providing extensive, individualized job support for each job seeker. We ensure that all employment needs are addressed for both the job seeker and the employer.
- To help you discover your personal strengths, interests & future career aspirations
- To get you career opportunities, by connecting you with lots of amazing employers
- To help you find and keep a career you can be proud of
- To support you in finding work that is in your best interest
- To give you quality 1-1 job support for any new job or work experience you may get
- To offer you and your employer ongoing support
- To keep in contact with you when you graduate from EPIC (with your permission) to make sure your job is going well
- To treat you with the full respect you deserve, at all times
Who We Help
To be eligible for our EPIC Program:
- Participants must be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Be diagnosed with a Developmental Disability
- Be registered with Community Living BC (CLBC), and be referred by their office
- Be motivated to participate in an employment program
- Be willing to adhere to a weekly work schedule conducive to finding and maintaining employment
To Access EPIC
- Interested applicants must contact Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) to make an appointment to discuss participating in our EPIC program.
- CLBC will then make a referral to our EPIC program for eligible participants.
- Our EPIC program will schedule an intake meeting with the job seeker and their respective parent/caregiver (as applicable and with the job seekers’ permission).
- Please contact the local Community Living BC office (604.870.5900) to confirm your eligibility & request a referral.
“I like to save my money to buy things that I want.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been serving adults with diverse abilities for almost 50 years and the EPIC program has been running since 1988.
In Partnership With:
“Your team has found a wonderful employer who has been so flexible to meet my daughter’s needs.”
Hours of Operation
8:00am – 3:30pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2539 Montvue Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3V2
“He brings a sense of joy to my whole team, and our workplace is an even happier place to be.”
EPIC Clients at Work
Stories & News from Diverse Abilities Programs
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, activities for our Discovery program have been temporarily suspended. Discovery staff were missing the program participants, so they organized a socially-distant 'parade' through their neighbourhoods to say hello. Click the photo below to...
Betty Lou has been coming to Discovery for over 33 years. Her cheerful smile is contagious, especially as she shares what she likes most about attending; arts and crafts, knitting, outings with friends and physical activities like bowling and...
Donna has been attending the Discovery program for so long she’s lost track; staff estimate around 15 to 20 years. The activities and friendship that Discovery provides round out Donna’s week. She also enjoys time with family who live in Vancouver,...