Employing People in the CommunitySupported work placements for adults with diverse abilities
Employing People in the Community (EPIC)
EPIC bridges the gap between job seekers and inclusive employers by providing extensive, individualized job support for each job seeker. We ensure that all employment needs are addressed for both the job seeker and the employer.
- To help you discover your personal strengths, interests & future career aspirations
- To get you career opportunities, by connecting you with lots of amazing employers
- To help you find and keep a career you can be proud of
- To support you in finding work that is in your best interest
- To give you quality 1-1 job support for any new job or work experience you may get
- To offer you and your employer ongoing support
- To keep in contact with you when you graduate from EPIC (with your permission) to make sure your job is going well
- To treat you with the full respect you deserve, at all times
Who We Help
To be eligible for our EPIC Program:
- Participants must be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Be diagnosed with a Developmental Disability
- Be registered with Community Living BC (CLBC), and be referred by their office
- Be motivated to participate in an employment program
- Be willing to adhere to a weekly work schedule conducive to finding and maintaining employment
To Access EPIC
- Interested applicants must contact Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) to make an appointment to discuss participating in our EPIC program.
- CLBC will then make a referral to our EPIC program for eligible participants.
- Our EPIC program will schedule an intake meeting with the job seeker and their respective parent/caregiver (as applicable and with the job seekers’ permission).
- Please contact the local Community Living BC office (604.870.5900) to confirm your eligibility & request a referral.
“I like to save my money to buy things that I want.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been serving adults with diverse abilities for almost 50 years and the EPIC program has been running since 1988.
In Partnership With:
“Your team has found a wonderful employer who has been so flexible to meet my daughter’s needs.”
Hours of Operation
8:00am – 3:30pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2539 Montvue Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3V2
“He brings a sense of joy to my whole team, and our workplace is an even happier place to be.”
EPIC Clients at Work
Stories & News from Diverse Abilities Programs
Keeping Busy and Being Helpful at Discovery: Betty Lou’s Story
Betty Lou is a long time participant of the discovery program and takes pride in volunteering at Archway.
Fun and Friendship at Discovery: Donna’s Story
Donna’s reflects on the fun and friendships she has created attending Discovery for the past 15-20 years.
Creative Pursuits at Discovery: Martin’s Story
Martin reflects on the creative pursuits he has been able to take part in while attending the Discovery program.