Homeless Prevention Program
The Homeless Prevention Program is an initiative aimed at providing individuals in identified at-risk groups facing homelessness with portable rent supplements and support services to help them access rental housing in the private (non-subsidized) housing market.
Who We Help
To be eligible, you are at immediate risk of homelessness. This includes:
- Youth transitioning out of foster care
- Women who have experienced violence or are at risk of violence
- Individuals leaving the correctional or hospital systems
- Individuals of Aboriginal descent
- Rent supplements are for eligible individuals aged 19 years and older
- Youth 18 or younger may be eligible
Individuals can receive assistance for up to a year in the program.
To Access the Homeless Prevention Program
- Please leave a message at: 604.859.7681 (707)
- Please leave an email at: HPP@archway.ca
- If you call or email please note that messages are currently being monitored once a week, until further notice. It may take up to one week to receive a response. We appreciate your patience.
If you are eligible and approved, the rent supplement can assist with:
- Your rent
- Your damage deposit
- Costs that help you secure housing (for example, getting identification)
The rent supplement cannot be used for:
- Rent if you are already receiving a subsidy
- Expenses not related to housing or this program
- Clinical health and treatment services
- Medical or clinical staff expenses
- Daycare expenses
8am – 4pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Supportive Housing & Homelessness Prevention
Youth facing issues such as mental health, sexual exploitation, lack of educational support, or aging out of foster care can find wraparound services at the Archway Youth Resource Centre (YRC). In addition to their core services, YRC staff is able to offer extra...
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
A big “thank you” to Store Manager Kevin Nutt and the entire team at Home Depot in Abbotsford. In June, their participation in the Orange Door Project raised $5,547 to support ACS programs for homeless youth. Through the initiative, customers could purchase paper...