Homeless Prevention ProgramSupport services & rental supplements to individuals in identified at-risk groups facing homelessness
Homeless Prevention Program
The Homeless Prevention Program is an initiative aimed at providing individuals in identified at-risk groups facing homelessness with portable rent supplements and support services to help them access rental housing in the private (non-subsidized) housing market.
Who We Help
To be eligible, you are at immediate risk of homelessness. This includes:
- Youth transitioning out of foster care
- Women who have experienced violence or are at risk of violence
- Individuals leaving the correctional or hospital systems
- Individuals of Indigenous descent
Individuals can receive assistance for up to a year in the program.
If you are eligible and approved, the rent supplement can assist with:
- Your rent
- Your damage deposit
- Costs that help you secure housing (for example, getting identification)
The rent supplement cannot be used for:
- Rent if you are already receiving a subsidy
- Expenses not related to housing or this program
- Clinical health and treatment services
- Medical or clinical staff expenses
- Daycare expenses
8am – 4pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Supportive Housing & Homelessness Prevention
Learn how Autumn House supports youth to ensure they are set up for success as they transition out of care.
The Cabin was a transformative experience, impacting approaches to homelessness in Abbotsford.
HPP & Community Legal Advocacy are working together to assist to those dealing with housing concerns.