Sexual Abuse Intervention ProgramCounselling for children and youth who have been sexually abused
Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP)
The Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP) offers counselling for youth and children, ages 3 – 18, who have been impacted by sexual abuse. The program includes play and art therapy, support for non-offending parents and caregivers, plus relevant education from non-offending parent support groups on childhood sexual abuse prevention, awareness, and intervention.
Who We Help
- Children 3 – 18 who have been impacted by sexual abuse and live in Abbotsford.
- Please note that counselling sessions are intended to offer emotional support and coping skills. Counsellors cannot offer a professional opinion for diagnostic or court purposes.
To Access Counselling
- We take professional or self-referrals.
- There is no charge for counselling and services.
- To book an intake session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing a variety of counselling services since 1969.
Resources for Protecting Our Children from Sexual Abuse
Click below to for a free resource guide on protecting children from sexual abuse.
Stories & News from Counselling & Early Years Programs
On Thursday, May 26th, the New Beginnings Parent program participants gathered to thank the community partners who helped them graduate in the midst of parenting at the annual Thank You Tea. New Beginnings is a partnership between the Abbotsford School District,...
The Abbotsford Community Action Team (ACAT) is raising awareness in Abbotsford middle and high schools about sexual exploitation. Sexual exploitation of youth is defined as any type of sexual activity with a youth in exchange for money, drugs, food, shelter or any...
Thank you to everyone who donated food, money and time to help out those affected by the floods. We are also grateful for the leadership of our city, local First Nations, police and departments as well as search and rescue and during this province-wide emergency. So...