Socialization, Teaching and Recreation ClubWeekly group for children with diverse abilities
Socialization, Teaching and Recreation (STAR) Club
As an essential service, STAR Club will continue to run during the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, with a Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) approved COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
The STAR program assists children and youth, aged 8-18 years, with developmental disabilities to increase their self-esteem by providing opportunities to meet new friends and to participate in a variety of recreational activities, while learning new skills.
STAR Club is committed to supporting children and youth of diverse abilities to build social connections and skill development through community inclusion.
- Support children and teens of diverse abilities
- Provide safe and secure programming
- Foster social connections
- Promote independence
- Facilitate community involvement
- Celebrate individual differences
- Nurture positive peer-interactions
Who We Help
- Children and youth (8 – 18) with a diagnosed developmental disability
- Youth must be 17 years old or younger when first referred
To Join Star Club
- All referrals must come from our funder, the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) Children & Youth with Special Needs Programs
- For intake, please contact your MCFD-CYSN Social Worker at 604.870.5880
Hours of Operation
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Monday – Thursday
Friday 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Archway Community Services
2539 Montvue Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3V2
News from Diverse Abilities & Family programs
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
Ann Gardner, Anne Laury and Kathy Cook sorting donated toys. (left to right) Organizers for the cancelled Toys for Tots event have been astonished by the generosity of the community. The event had to be cancelled just three days before the planned drive-thru on...
Like so many community events, Toys for Tots which raises toys and financial donations for the Christmas Bureau program of the Archway Food Bank, has had to readjust their plans due to COVID-19. The fundraiser has transitioned to a drive-thru event in the parking lot...