Stopping the ViolenceIndividual and group counselling for women who have been abused
Stopping the Violence
The Stopping the Violence program offers individual counselling from a feminist perspective for women who have experienced sexual abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence.
Adult survivor groups are also offered to female survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Topics include: safety, anger, emotions, communication, boundaries, relationships, healing, and flashbacks.
Who We Help
- Women over 18 who have been abused and live in Abbotsford.
- Please note that counselling sessions are intended to offer emotional support and coping skills. Counsellors cannot offer a professional opinion for diagnostic or court purposes.
To Access Counselling
- We take professional or self-referrals.
- There is no charge for counselling and services.
- To book an intake session, please call email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing a variety of counselling services since 1969.
Stories & News from Counselling & Early Years Programs
On Thursday, May 26th, the New Beginnings Parent program participants gathered to thank the community partners who helped them graduate in the midst of parenting at the annual Thank You Tea. New Beginnings is a partnership between the Abbotsford School District,...
The Abbotsford Community Action Team (ACAT) is raising awareness in Abbotsford middle and high schools about sexual exploitation. Sexual exploitation of youth is defined as any type of sexual activity with a youth in exchange for money, drugs, food, shelter or any...
Thank you to everyone who donated food, money and time to help out those affected by the floods. We are also grateful for the leadership of our city, local First Nations, police and departments as well as search and rescue and during this province-wide emergency. So...