Food Bank Donations During BC Flooding
We’re very fortunate that our Food Bank building was not negatively impacted by flooding. But we are very concerned about possible disruptions to our supply chain.
As you know, thousands of people rely on us to access essential food service each month. During this local emergency we are also supporting some displaced individuals including approximately 50 Spanish speaking temporary foreign workers on farms.
Food Bank drivers normally pick up food from local grocery stores each day as well as recovering fresh food from stores and farmers. These processes have already been disrupted and we’re unsure how long operations will be impacted.
We’re reaching out to you, our community, to help refill our supply of food or donate towards increased procurement costs.
Donations can be made on the secure form on this page. (it may take a minute to load)
You can also see the list of most needed food items below.
Thank you to everyone who has donated or reached out with offers to help already!
Most Needed Items:
- Grocery story gift cards (suggested increments of $25 for consistency)
- Frozen Meat (including Halaal meat) – New item – drop off at Food Bank
- Fresh produce (fruits and veggies) – New Item, drop off at Food Bank
- Canned Vegetables / Legumes
- Canned Meat
- Dry Red Lentils, Chickpeas or Kidney Beans
- Indian Tea
- Cooking oil (Canola/Olive/Avocado)
- Dry Pasta
- Tomatoes/Pasta Sauce
- Dry Soup
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Soup
- Kraft Dinner
- Meal Helpers
- Atta (South Asian Wheat Flour)
- Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- White or Brown sugar
- Toilet paper
- Bottled Water (Thank you to everyone who has brought water already)
Where to Bring Donations
Donations can be brought to:
- Archway Food Bank (33914 Essendene Ave)
- Between 8:30am – 4:00pm (Monday to Friday)
- The main Archway building (2420 Montrose Ave)
- Between 8:30am to 4:30pm, (Monday to Friday)
Please Note: At this time, we don’t have the ability to process donations of clothing or supplies. We will update you if this changes and encourage you to donate these items to other organizations.