Abbotsford Youth Health CentrePrimary care health services for youth in a safe, confidential, and non judgemental environment
Abbotsford Youth Health Centre
Professional medical practitioners provide health services in a youth-friendly, safe, confidential, and non-judgmental environment for individuals aged 12 – 24.
With increased knowledge, tools to protect and maintain their health, and by identifying high risk behaviours, youth are empowered to become active participants in their health care.
The Youth Health Clinic is an integral part of the Foundry – Youth Health and Wellness centre.
- General health care
- Birth control
- STI testing and treatment
- Mental health care
- Gender affirming care
Why We’re Here
- To provide health services in a youth-friendly, safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment
- To help youth connect with the support and help available in the community
- To increase young people’s knowledge about issues affecting their health
- To provide young people with tools to protect and maintain their health
- To help youth recognize high risk behaviours and manage the risks associated with day-to-day living
- To empower youth to be active participants in their health care
- To support youth in assisting their peers to protect and maintain their health
Who We Help
- Youth between 12 and 24 years old
To Access the Youth Health Centre
- The youth health clinic is drop-in service available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
- If there is a long wait, you can request a text message when your turn is coming up.
- Nurse practitioners will make appointments outside of clinic time for the IUD clinic and Transgender clinic.
“We are continually working to find creative ways to serve our ever increasing number of patients, many of whom had given up on their health or hadn’t seen a doctor in years.”
Did You Know?
The Abbotsford Youth Health Clinic was founded in 2010 and after multiple location changes, the centre found a permanent home within Foundry in 2018.
A collaborative service provided with the participation of:
- Archway Community Services
- Foundry Abbotsford
- Abbotsford Division of Family Practice
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- IMPACT Youth Substance Use Services
- University of British Columbia
Monday 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Tuesday 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Wednesday 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Thursday 3:00pm – 6:00pm
101 – 32555 Simon Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2T 4Y2
Stories & News from Youth Services
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented situation that is challenging the mental health of virtually everyone. Even if you're not concerned about the health of a loved one or loss of employment, changes to your daily routines and inability to socialize and conduct...
On Tuesday March 10th, the Abbotsford Community Action Team (ACAT) will host their annual public rally against the sexual exploitation of children and youth. “The rally is an opportunity to raise continued awareness that exploitation of youth is happening right...
Prospera Credit Union has collected and organized gifts for youth and families who struggle financially through the Youth Angel Tree Project throughout the past month. Now in its eighth year, the Youth Angel Tree Project makes wishes come true for local youth who are...