Foundry AbbotsfordA youth health and wellness centre
Foundry Abbotsford offers integrated services for youth and families for mental health, substance use, primary care, peer support and social services in a youth friendly environment. Youth and families have been an integral part in planning the space, programming and culture of Foundry Abbotsford.
We bring services together under one roof to make it easier for young people ages 12-24 to find help and support. Not sure what support you need? Come by and talk with us! We’ll work together to help determine what support is right for you. All services are free and confidential.
Foundry Abbotsford is a collaboration of 14 program partners including Fraser Health and The Fraser Valley Youth Society with Archway Community Services as the lead agency.
Who We Help
- Youth between 12 and 24 years old
- We help with everything from a cold, to sexual or mental health as well as offering activities, groups and counselling.
To Access Foundry Abbotsford
- A navigator can help you find the right service if you’re not sure what program is best suited for your situation
- Some of the programs make appointments; our nurse practitioners make appointments outside of clinic time for the IUD clinic and Transgender clinic.
- The walk-in counselling and youth health clinic are strictly drop in. If there is a long wait you can request that the staff text you when your turn is coming up.
- Available Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Impact also offers walk-in counselling for those affected by substance abuse on Tuesdays from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Youth Health Clinic Hours
Medical practitioners provide health services in a youth-friendly, safe, confidential, and non-judgmental environment. With increased knowledge, tools to protect and maintain their health, and by identifying high risk behaviours, youth are empowered to become active participants in their health care.
- Tuesdays from 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Weekly Groups and Activities
Life Hacks: Group for those who have lived experience with foster care, substance use services, and/or mental health services. (Ages 16 – 24)
Mondays from 3-5pm
Activate: This group promotes wellness, in every meaning of the word. This could include physical, mental, financial and anywhere in between. (Ages 16 – 24)
Tuesdays from 6-7pm
Y-FI: Youth and Family Inclusion Group: Get connected. Y-FI is a group to hear from youth and families to shape the services at Foundry.
Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30pm
Fraser Valley Youth Society: Group for the LGBTQ2S+ community and allies. (Ages 13 – 25)
Thursdays from 6-9pm
Clothing event: we host a free clothing event each quarter.
The Foundry Vision
Foundry envisions all our young people in BC having the resources they need to thrive – whether it’s treatment for depression, anxiety, or problematic substance use; a family doctor they trust; connections to employment, housing, or educational supports; peers who can help destigmatize their experiences; or faster access to more specialized psychiatric care.
To achieve this, Foundry is working with government and community organizations, including Archway Community Services (ACS), to transform our system and bring all these services into one, accessible, youth-friendly home. Currently, eight Foundry centres across BC are already open with another three scheduled to open this year. Foundry centres are places where any youth or parent in those communities can walk in and find the help they need, when they need it. Foundry will prioritize people before the system, and fill gaps where our young people, aged 12-24, currently fall through the cracks.
Did You Know?
Foundry Abbotsford opened in 2018 and Archway has been providing other services for youth since 1969.
Hours of Operation
Monday 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 11am – 7pmWednesday 10am – 6pm Thursday 10am – 6pm Friday 9am – 4:30pm
Some groups run later as well
101 – 32555 Simone Ave
Abbotsford V2T 4Y2
Foundry Abbotsford Partners
- Early Psychosis Intervention
- Adolescent Day Treatment Program
- Short Term Assessment Response Team
- Income Assistance
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Services to Adults with Development Disabilities
- Youth Team
- Suicide Line 1-800-SUICIDE
- Text HOME to 6868686 to text with a crisis responder
- Kids Helpline 604-310-1234
- Short Term Assessment Response Team (START) 1-844-782-7811
Youthspace Texting Service
Did you know that if you text Youthspace when you are feeling depressed, anxious or suicidal, a crisis worker will text you back immediately and continue to text with you? Many people don’t like talking on the phone and feel more comfortable texting. This is a free service for anyone. Hard days happen. They get it!<
Text Youthspace at 778-783-0177 across Canada.
*available 6pm to midnight daily.*
Stories & News from Youth Services
Prospera Credit Union is once again coordinating gifts for disadvantaged youth through the Youth Angel Tree Project. Now in its seventh year, the Youth Angel Tree Project makes wishes come true for local youth. Trees are set up at local Prospera branches featuring...
A big “thank you” to Store Manager Kevin Nutt and the entire team at Home Depot in Abbotsford. In June, their participation in the Orange Door Project raised $5,547 to support ACS programs for homeless youth. Through the initiative, customers could purchase paper...
The First West Foundation has awarded Foundry Abbotsford with $15,000 through its Envision Financial Community Endowment. Foundry Abbotsford provides local youth and their families with supports for their mental-health, substance-use, and overall wellness needs. The...