Career Paths for Skilled ImmigrantsCustomized career counselling & training supports for immigrants looking for relevant careers in Canada
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
B.C. has a growing economy and an expanding job market, with employers and communities are looking for workers in many different areas. You have the skills, qualifications, and experience they need!
The Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia are working with Archway Community Services to help newcomers like you find that perfect employment fit.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program will assist you to gain experience, find employment, or improve employment within your field, with an individual approach that is tailored to meet your needs.
Services provided include:
- Financial assistance for credential evaluation
- Licensing and skills upgrading
- Career planning and ongoing support
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
- Connections to local employers
Let us help you achieve your professional career goals in Canada!
“Thank you so much for our wonderful meeting – I am extremely grateful for all the help you have provided. I feel so motivated after this!”
- Permanent Resident within the last 10 years
- Intermediate English proficiency
- Have 1 year of skilled work experience prior to coming to Canada for Stream 1 and 2 occupations or 2 years of skilled work experience for Stream 3 occupations.
- OR 1 year of pre-arrival work experience for Stream 3 occupations if you are 30 years old or younger.
- Unemployed OR underemployed in a job that does not use the training or experience you obtained prior to coming to Canada
To Access Career Paths
- Please contact us to confirm your eligibility
- We will arrange a personal meeting to discuss the program and how we can help you achieve your career goals
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
“As you are teaching and helping us how to improve ourselves from within plus helping our interview skills , I really like the way you motivate us and help us to get better knowledge.”
9:00am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
The 2023 Gift Wrap season is now complete and a huge thank you to everyone who made this fundraiser a success. Sevenoaks Shopping Centre has hosted this fundraiser for Archway for several years and has been an amazing partner throughout. Their ongoing support with...
Save time during the holidays by using the gift-wrapping booth organized by Archway Community Services.
Meet Khesraw: A resilient Afghan refugee who found his new home in Abbotsford.