Career Paths for Skilled ImmigrantsCustomized career counselling & training supports for immigrants looking for relevant careers in Canada
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
B.C. has a growing economy and an expanding job market — employers and communities are looking for workers in many different areas. You have the skills, qualifications and experience they need!
The Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia are working with Archway Community Services to help newcomers like you find that perfect employment fit.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program will assist you to gain experience, find employment or improve employment within your field, with an individual approach that is tailored to meet your needs.
Services provided include:
- Financial assistance for credential evaluation
- Licensing and skills upgrading
- Career planning and ongoing support
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
- Connections to local employers
Let us help you achieve your professional career goals in Canada!
- Permanent Resident within the last 5 years
- Intermediate English proficiency
- 3 years of experience in profession
- Work more than 20hrs a week in a job that does not use the training or experience you obtained prior to coming to Canada
- OR Unemployed and not receiving Employment Insurance or BC Employment Assistance
To Access Career Paths
- Please contact us to confirm your eligibility
- We will arrange a personal meeting to discuss the program and how we can help you achieve your career goals
“Thank you so much for our wonderful meeting – I am extremely grateful for all the help you have provided. I feel so motivated after this!” “
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
“As you are teaching and helping us how to improve ourselves from within plus helping our interview skills , I really like the way you motivate us and help us to get better knowledge.”
Hours of Operation
9am – 4pm
Monday to Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Moving is challenging. Whether you’re packing up and transitioning across town or across the province, it’s exhausting, stressful and takes time to settle in. Those stresses are magnified when you move to a new country, but people like Gurdas do so well they make it...
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program at Archway helps newcomers find related employment to their former careers. It’s designed to break the stereotype of doctors driving taxis and provides newcomers with one-to-one support, financial assistance and training...
Volunteers are needed again this holiday season to help wrap some Christmas cheer at Sevenoaks Shopping Centre! If you like wrapping presents and have some time to spare, gift wrapping shifts are open:Mondays to SaturdaysDecember 1st to 15th 12:00pm to 9:00pmDecember...