Career Paths for Skilled ImmigrantsCustomized career counselling & training supports for immigrants looking for relevant careers in Canada
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
Career Paths continues to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic, with modified services to maintain the safety of clients and staff. Employment Specialists are working on a rotating schedule and connecting with clients by telephone and email to maintain social distancing. Please contact us to arrange a virtual meeting for program information or registration.
Program Supervisor, Mary Finch:
604-866-1645 or email@example.com.
B.C. has a growing economy and an expanding job market — employers and communities are looking for workers in many different areas. You have the skills, qualifications and experience they need!
The Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia are working with Archway Community Services to help newcomers like you find that perfect employment fit.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program will assist you to gain experience, find employment or improve employment within your field, with an individual approach that is tailored to meet your needs.
Services provided include:
- Financial assistance for credential evaluation
- Licensing and skills upgrading
- Career planning and ongoing support
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
- Connections to local employers
Let us help you achieve your professional career goals in Canada!
- Permanent Resident within the last 5 years
- Intermediate English proficiency
- 3 years of experience in profession
- Work more than 20hrs a week in a job that does not use the training or experience you obtained prior to coming to Canada
- OR Unemployed and not receiving Employment Insurance or BC Employment Assistance
To Access Career Paths
- Please contact us to confirm your eligibility
- We will arrange a personal meeting to discuss the program and how we can help you achieve your career goals
“Thank you so much for our wonderful meeting – I am extremely grateful for all the help you have provided. I feel so motivated after this!” “
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
“As you are teaching and helping us how to improve ourselves from within plus helping our interview skills , I really like the way you motivate us and help us to get better knowledge.”
Hours of Operation
9am – 4pm
Monday to Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Spring break; a chance to relax, have fun, spend time with friends and family. But this year, while many were beginning to enjoy spring break, the COVID-19 pandemic was evolving rapidly. This left employers, families and organizations scrambling. Our Archway Language...
“The smooth transition from face-to-face to online was only made possible due to an incredibly supportive LINC management team and a truly remarkable group of students. My students’ commitment to learning and building a vibrant and supportive online community far...
Recently, Career Paths participant Mansi shared great news with Program Coordinator Mary Finch - she got a great job at local design company Circle Graphics! Mansi shared: "I came to Canada in January and felt lonely and isolated. I left a great career as a graphic...