Career Paths for Skilled ImmigrantsCustomized career counselling & training supports for immigrants looking for relevant careers in Canada
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants
Career Paths continues to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic, with modified services to maintain the safety of clients and staff. Employment Specialists are working on a rotating schedule and connecting with clients by telephone and email to maintain social distancing. Please contact us to arrange a virtual meeting for program information or registration.
Program Supervisor, Mei Chen:
604.866.1645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
B.C. has a growing economy and an expanding job market — employers and communities are looking for workers in many different areas. You have the skills, qualifications, and experience they need!
The Government of Canada and Province of British Columbia are working with Archway Community Services to help newcomers like you find that perfect employment fit.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program will assist you to gain experience, find employment, or improve employment within your field, with an individual approach that is tailored to meet your needs.
Services provided include:
- Financial assistance for credential evaluation
- Licensing and skills upgrading
- Career planning and ongoing support
- Practicum and mentorship opportunities
- Connections to local employers
Let us help you achieve your professional career goals in Canada!
- Permanent Resident within the last 5 years
- Intermediate English proficiency
- 3 years of experience in profession
- Work more than 20 hours per week in a job that does not use the training or experience you obtained prior to coming to Canada
- OR Unemployed and not receiving Employment Insurance or BC Employment Assistance
To Access Career Paths
- Please contact us to confirm your eligibility
- We will arrange a personal meeting to discuss the program and how we can help you achieve your career goals
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
9:00am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
Nominations are now open for the 18th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards. “While we aren't quite sure what format the 2021 awards will be in, we do want to keep recognizing champions of diversity and inclusion,” said event organizer Patricia...
Like many programs, Archway Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) experienced considerable upheaval at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, their team was able to adjust quickly so they could continue ensuring community members would have access to...