Community Van ServiceFills the gap for non-transit transportation for Abbotsford Residents
Community Van Service
The Community Van Service helps individuals and families without transportation attend appointments, commitments, services, and community activities, within the city of Abbotsford. The service is dependent on the timely availability of volunteer drivers.
For Medical Transportation outside of Abbotsford, please visit the Medical Transportation Service page.
Who We Help:
- Open to residents of Abbotsford
- Unfortunately our vehicles are not equipped to transport those who use wheelchairs
- Riders must be able to get in and out of the vehicle without assistance
include but are not limited to:
- Helping individuals and families who may be experiencing multiple barriers, or have complex needs that may not be accommodative through public or para-transit services.
- Assisting individuals staying in shelters or supportive housing who may have accessibility needs or lack proximity to public transit.
- Supporting children who are staying with their families in transitional housing to go to school.
A flat rate of $2.50 is charged for a one-way ride and $5.00 for a round-trip ride within Abbotsford.
Transportation for medical appointments outside of Abbotsford is available at a rate of .68 cents per km plus any parking fees.
Accessing the Community Van
Please contact us and provide at least 4-5 business days’ notice, or ideally as much notice as possible.
“Thanks to the Community Van program, I am able to go grocery shopping and go for coffee!”
In Partnership With:
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Senior & Family Services
Dr. Elizabeth Watt is retiring from her position as the Medical Director for Foundry Abbotsford.
Thank you to our amazing event sponsors and partners
The Archway Christmas Neighbour program is looking for support from individuals and organizations.