Employment MentorsConnecting newcomers with professionals of similar vocational or skilled backgrounds
We help “Build Connections for Employment”. Through one-on-one matching relationships, we connect newcomers with professionals of similar vocational or skilled backgrounds for coaching and advice in accessing the Canadian labour market.
From providing informational interviews to attending networking events, our mentors assist our newcomers in gaining valuable knowledge and an understanding of Canadian workplace culture and employment pathways in Canada.
Services for Newcomers Include:
- Advice and guidance from an employment mentor on Canadian workplace culture, employment and educational pathways, job search strategies and more
- Soft-skills employment training with experienced facilitators (5 week series)
- Invitations to professional networking opportunities and events
- Professional development through specified workshop training
- Permanent Residents, Naturalized Citizens, Temporary Foreign Workers, Post Graduate Work permit holder, Refugees and Refugee Claimants
- Employed, unemployed or underemployed
- With an Intermediate English Language Proficiency
To Access Employment Mentors
- Contact us for more information and to book a meeting today.
Let us help you navigate your career path in Canada!
Want to Volunteer as a Mentor?
Please contact us if you’re interested in providing one-to-one support to a newcomer in your field. Your professional leadership and expertise is invaluable to our newcomers.
Volunteer Mentors are…
- Leaders willing to invest their time, employment expertise and professional knowledge with a newcomer
- Community members willing to coach a newcomer seeking knowledge of the Canadian labour market
- Professionals committed to attending networking events and opportunities with their mentee
- Goal-focused and motivated leaders willing the share their ‘a-ha’ moments and employment advice with a newcomer
“I am grateful to have my Mentor and cannot thank enough for his support and detailed advice on questions related to my career progression.
Not to mention that I am really thankful to Archway Community Services for their help and support.
I am very confident that your efforts and support will land me in my desired professional space.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
Hours of Operation
9am – 4:30pm
Monday to Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
“I started as a lot of people do here – for 10 hours per week,” shares Manpreet Grewal, the director of the Multicultural and Immigrant Integration Department at Abbotsford Community Services (ACS). At that time, 30 years ago, there was no Multicultural Department....
This event was for everyone from immigrants, to people who have moved to Abbotsford from another city, to those seeking employment services or information on childcare subsidies. The Immigrant Settlement program and AbbotsfordWORKS co-hosted the event and provided job...