Employment MentorsConnecting newcomers with professionals of similar vocational or skilled backgrounds
We help “Build Connections for Employment”. Through one-on-one matching relationships, we connect newcomers with professionals of similar vocational or skilled backgrounds for coaching and advice in accessing the Canadian labour market.
From providing informational interviews to attending networking events, our mentors assist our newcomers in gaining valuable knowledge and an understanding of Canadian workplace culture and employment pathways in Canada.
Services for Newcomers Include:
- Advice and guidance from an employment mentor on Canadian workplace culture, employment and educational pathways, job search strategies and more
- Soft-skills employment training with experienced facilitators (5 week series)
- Invitations to professional networking opportunities and events
- Professional development through specified workshop training
- Permanent residents, naturalized citizens, temporary foreign workers, post graduate work permit holders, refugees, and refugee claimants
- Employed, unemployed or underemployed
- Intermediate English language proficiency
To Access Employment Mentors
- Contact us for more information and to book a meeting today.Let us help you navigate your career path in Canada!
Want to Volunteer as a Mentor?
Please contact us if you’re interested in providing one-to-one support to a newcomer in your field. Your professional leadership and expertise is invaluable to our newcomers.
Volunteer mentors are:
- Leaders willing to invest their time, employment expertise and professional knowledge with a newcomer
- Community members willing to coach a newcomer seeking knowledge of the Canadian labour market
- Professionals committed to attending networking events and opportunities with their mentee
- Goal-focused and motivated leaders willing to share their ‘a-ha’ moments and employment advice with a newcomer
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for newcomers since the 1970s.
9am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
2020 was a tough year in the job market as many people across the globe lost their jobs for various COVID-related reasons. The lack of events and foreign tourism decimated some industries while entirely new careers were created. To continue equipping job...
When Syrian refugee Mohammad Ali and his family arrived in Canada they needed help with housing, settling into the community, and starting school in a new country. Now less than four years later, the family is thriving in their new community and Ali (as his family...
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...