Fraser Valley Refugee Readiness TeamProviding access to resources in our community for Afghan refugees and displaced Ukrainians
Fraser Valley Refugee Readiness Team
This program is projected to run until March 2024. The focus is not on developing new services, but on complementing services already in place to support the community’s capacity to welcome the newcomers successfully.
Four key areas have been identified: housing, access to healthcare, coordination of information and resources, and employment. We will connect with organizations and other levels of community support for these four key areas within the region to achieve four objectives:
- Address challenges related to access to housing, health care, and employment
- Make information of regional support resources for Afghan refugees and displaced Ukrainians more accessible
- Promote networking amongst different service providers in the region
- Collect data on the refugee-related landscape of the Fraser Valley
- If you are interested in supporting refugees and displaced Ukrainians through this program, or have further questions, please contact us.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
9:00am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
301 – 2975 Gladwin Road
Abbotsford V2T 5T4
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Bus Strike Impacting Newcomers
Learn how the ongoing bus strike is impacting the daily lives of newcomers to Canada.
Volunteer Feature: Sieglinde
Sieglinde has been volunteering with Archway for over seven years. Sieglinde loves teaching and “seeing people succeed”. She designed a confidence-building course for Community Connections where more than 20 women attended. She loves volunteering because it’s rewarding to see how her actions positively affect the people she’s working with.
Landlords Invited to Info Session on Renting to Newcomers
An information session well be held on April 25th for those wanting to learn more about renting to refugees.