Immigrant SettlementWe facilitate the settlement and adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing information, referrals and individual support.
We provide services in over 20 languages and settlement workers often have experience as immigrants or refugees themselves who understand the difficulties of adapting to a new country and accessing services.
Settlement workers facilitate the adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing:
• supported referrals,
• education workshops
• short-term adaptation counselling
• information about societies in British Columbia
• guidance & support on personal and family adjustment issues
• connections to the broader community
People We Help
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Individuals allowed to remain in Canada and to whom Citizenship & Immigration Canada intends to grant permanent resident status
- Refugee claimants / Refugees
- International students
- Temporary foreign workers
- Provincial nominees
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
To Access Settlement Services
- Please call to make an appointment with a settlement worker
- We also accept walk ins if there is a staff member available.
Priority is given to recently arrived newcomers, however, eligible recipients may qualify regardless of how long they have been in Canada or whether they have acquired Canadian citizenship.
“Settlement services are very good, every employee is so helpful.”
“They help a lot of people. I encourage my family, relative and friends to come to the program. Please keep helping people, it is easier when someone that speaks your own language helps you!”
Did You Know?
Archway has provided services for newcomers for almost 50 years.
Services are Provided in the Following Languages
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Anti-gang youth workers have continued to support at-risk youth with modified services to meet the unique challenges that have emerged during the COVID pandemic. The In It Together program, which is part of Archway Community Services, seeks to disrupt the flow of...
Spring break; a chance to relax, have fun, spend time with friends and family. But this year, while many were beginning to enjoy spring break, the COVID-19 pandemic was evolving rapidly. This left employers, families and organizations scrambling. Our Archway Language...
“The smooth transition from face-to-face to online was only made possible due to an incredibly supportive LINC management team and a truly remarkable group of students. My students’ commitment to learning and building a vibrant and supportive online community far...