Immigrant SettlementWe facilitate the settlement and adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing information, referrals and individual support.
We provide services in over 20 languages and settlement workers often have experience as immigrants or refugees themselves who understand the difficulties of adapting to a new country and accessing services.
Settlement workers facilitate the adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing:
• supported referrals,
• education workshops
• short-term adaptation counselling
• information about societies in British Columbia
• guidance & support on personal and family adjustment issues
• connections to the broader community
People We Help
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Individuals allowed to remain in Canada and to whom Citizenship & Immigration Canada intends to grant permanent resident status
- Refugee claimants / Refugees
- International students
- Temporary foreign workers
- Provincial nominees
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
To Access Settlement Services
- Please call to make an appointment with a settlement worker
- We also accept walk ins if there is a staff member available.
Priority is given to recently arrived newcomers, however, eligible recipients may qualify regardless of how long they have been in Canada or whether they have acquired Canadian citizenship.
“Settlement services are very good, every employee is so helpful.”
“They help a lot of people. I encourage my family, relative and friends to come to the program. Please keep helping people, it is easier when someone that speaks your own language helps you!”
Did You Know?
Archway has provided services for newcomers for almost 50 years.
Services are Provided in the Following Languages
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
“I started as a lot of people do here – for 10 hours per week,” shares Manpreet Grewal, the director of the Multicultural and Immigrant Integration Department at Abbotsford Community Services (ACS). At that time, 30 years ago, there was no Multicultural Department....
This event was for everyone from immigrants, to people who have moved to Abbotsford from another city, to those seeking employment services or information on childcare subsidies. The Immigrant Settlement program and AbbotsfordWORKS co-hosted the event and provided job...