Immigrant SettlementWe facilitate the settlement and adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing information, referrals and individual support.
We provide services in over 20 languages and settlement workers often have experience as immigrants or refugees themselves who understand the difficulties of adapting to a new country and accessing services.
Settlement workers facilitate the adaptation process for immigrants and refugees by providing:
- Supported referrals
- Education workshops
- Short-term adaptation counselling
- Information about societies in British Columbia
- Guidance & support on personal and family adjustment issues
- Connections to the broader community
People We Help
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Individuals allowed to remain in Canada and to whom Citizenship & Immigration Canada intends to grant permanent resident status
- Refugee claimants/Refugees
- International students
- Temporary foreign workers
- Provincial nominees
- Naturalized Canadian citizens
To Access Settlement Services
- Please call to make an appointment with a settlement worker
- We also accept walk-ins if there is a staff member available
Priority is given to recently arrived newcomers, however, eligible recipients may qualify regardless of how long they have been in Canada or whether they have acquired Canadian citizenship.
“Settlement services are very good, every employee is so helpful.”
“They help a lot of people. I encourage my family, relative and friends to come to the program. Please keep helping people, it is easier when someone that speaks your own language helps you!”
Did You Know?
Archway has provided services for newcomers for almost 50 years.
Services are Provided in the Following Languages
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
Nominations are now open for the 18th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards. “While we aren't quite sure what format the 2021 awards will be in, we do want to keep recognizing champions of diversity and inclusion,” said event organizer Patricia...
Like many programs, Archway Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) experienced considerable upheaval at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, their team was able to adjust quickly so they could continue ensuring community members would have access to...