Legal Advocacy for Agricultural WorkersProvides information, referrals and representation
Legal Advocacy for Agricultural Workers
The Legal Advocacy for Agricultural Workers provides assistance to farm workers in Punjabi, Spanish, English, Hindi, Mandarin, and Vietnamese. We provide full representation on a variety of issues including:
- Employment Standards/Unpaid Wages
- Residential Tenancy
- Employment Insurance Regular and Sickness Benefits
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Work Safe BC
- Social Assistance
- Canada Pension Plan
- Old Age Security Pension
- Human Rights
The Legal Advocacy for Agricultural Workers was established in 2001 to address the hardships faced by farm workers in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland. The program has a three-fold intent consisting of:
- Law reform
- One-on-one Assistance
The program is a partnership program between Archway Community Services and Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society (PICS) which is funded by The Law Foundation of BC.
Who We Help
- Clients must be a farm worker (poultry, berry, vegetable, mushroom) or work in a green house, nursery, berry production, or other agricultural related work.
- We can provide very very basic information on other employment related issues to immigrants.
To Access Legal Advocacy
- Please call us for more information
Program Story: Farm Worker’s Fire
“If it was not for this program I don’t know what I would have done, where would I have eaten? I felt like a burden on the family.”
Did You Know?
Our program has been running since 2001 and Archway has been providing legal aid and advocacy for farm workers for almost 50 years.
Find out how our legal advocates were able to help in a crisis. Read More
“I did not think Canadians care for us or like us. But after the fire we realize the Canadians like us and appreciate us.”
Hours of Operation
9:00am – 4:30pm
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9