Mental Wellness ParentingGroup for parents experiencing depression and/or generalized anxiety
Mental Wellness Parenting Group
Mental Wellness Parenting is a free eight-week group that has components of psycho-education, cognitive behavioural therapy, and social support interaction.
It is designed to help parents experiencing depression and/or generalized anxiety to:
- Develop self-care strategies while still caring for their families.
- Develop mental health communication strategies.
- Feel less isolated by sharing and learning from other parents.
The group is co-facilitated by counsellors from the Family Connections program at Archway.
Attachment parenting is supported by providing on-site childminding.
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Patterns of stressful behaviour in parenting
- Strategies for wellness and self-care
- Communication strategies
- Preventative and coping techniques
Contact Us to Register
604-859-7681 ext 304
Groups are usually held 3 times per year. Please contact us for future session dates.
Who We Help
- Those who are actively parenting children 0-12, while coping with depression and/or anxiety
- Those who feel overwhelmed with daily parenting
- Parents who want to develop new strategies to support mental wellness for themselves and their families
To Sign for the Group
- Participation is voluntary and self-referred.
- Please call 604-859-7681 Ext: 304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (limited enrollment).
- Complimentary on-site child care provided (limited availability).
- A brief individual intake meeting with a group facilitator will be scheduled prior to starting the group.
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing a variety of counselling services since 1969.
Stories & News from Counselling & Early Years Programs
Cannoli: Providing Calm and Cuddles
Learn about how accredited facility dog Cannoli helps participants and staff in the Family Connections and Education programs.
Toys for Tots Seeking Sponsors to meet Increased Need
Archway Community Services is seeking sponsors due to an increased need for Toys for Tots this holiday season.
Xyólheméylh and Archway Enter Collaboration Agreement
Laura-Dawn Wilkin and Kyla Darby signed the agreement on behalf of Xyólheméylh while Rod Santiago and Maria Cargnelli signed on behalf of Archway.The Fraser Valley Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society, also known as Xyólheméylh, and Archway Community Services...