Mental Wellness ParentingGroup for parents experiencing depression and/or generalized anxiety
Mental Wellness Parenting Group
Mental Wellness Parenting is a free 8-week group which has components of psycho-education, cognitive behavioural therapy and social support interaction.
It is designed to help parents experiencing depression and/or generalized anxiety to:
- Develop self-care strategies while still caring for their families
- Develop mental health communication strategies
- Feel less isolated by sharing and learning from other parents
The group is co-facilitated by counsellors from the Family Connections program at Archway.
Attachment parenting is supported by providing on-site childminding.
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Patterns of stressful behaviour in parenting
- Strategies for wellness and self-care
- Communication strategies
- Preventative and coping techniques
Who We Help
- Those who are actively parenting children 0 – 14 while coping with depression and/or anxiety
- Those who feel overwhelmed with daily parenting
- Parents who want to develop new strategies to support mental wellness for themselves and their families
To Sign for the Group
- Participation is voluntary and self-referred.
- Please call 604-859-7681 Ext: 304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register (limited enrollment).
- Complimentary on-site child care provided (limited availability).
- A brief individual intake meeting with a group facilitator will be scheduled prior to starting the group.
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing a variety of counselling services since 1969.
Stories & News from Counselling & Early Years Programs
Content Warning: This post and videos contains details of sexual assault that may be disturbing to viewers. April is Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Awareness Month which recognizes that boyhood sexual abuse is often overlooked, neglected, and poorly understood. A lack...
Ann Gardner, Anne Laury and Kathy Cook sorting donated toys. (left to right) Organizers for the cancelled Toys for Tots event have been astonished by the generosity of the community. The event had to be cancelled just three days before the planned drive-thru on...
Like so many community events, Toys for Tots which raises toys and financial donations for the Christmas Bureau program of the Archway Food Bank, has had to readjust their plans due to COVID-19. The fundraiser has transitioned to a drive-thru event in the parking lot...