Moving Ahead ProgramOne-to-one support for newcomers who are facing multiple barriers
Moving Ahead Program (MAP)
The Moving Ahead Program provides one to one support for immigrants or refugees who are facing multiple barriers to successful settlement into Canada
Moving Ahead is a collaborative, case-managed service model for the delivery of comprehensive, holistic and client centered programming. Our program chiefly utilizes outreach and in-home consultation and support as a foundation for service delivery to the multi-barrier refugees and immigrants in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Aldergrove.
- Intake and In-Home Assessment
- Case management of Individual Client Files
- Settlement Information and Counselling
- Practical Assistance & Supported Access to Services
- Support Groups and Workshops
- Life Skills, Literacy and Essential Skills Development
Who We Help
This program is for high needs and high-risk immigrant adults and families in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and Aldergrove.
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- A Protected Person as defined by Section 95 of the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act
- Individuals who have been selected by Canada to become Permanent Resident and have received a letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada stating so
This program is NOT open to Refugee Claimants until their claim is accepted.
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Meeting IRCC’s eligibility requirements, AND
- The complexity, multiplicity and severity of the barriers faced by potential participants
To Access the Moving Ahead Program
- Please call us or come into our office so we can assess your eligibility for support.
- You can refer yourself or you may be referred by a community partner.
- Services are provided for 12 – 18 months at no charge to clients.
Hours of Operation
8:30am – 4:30 pm
Monday – Friday
#5 – 32700 George Ferguson Way
Abbotsford V2T 4V6
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
“I started as a lot of people do here – for 10 hours per week,” shares Manpreet Grewal, the director of the Multicultural and Immigrant Integration Department at Abbotsford Community Services (ACS). At that time, 30 years ago, there was no Multicultural Department....
This event was for everyone from immigrants, to people who have moved to Abbotsford from another city, to those seeking employment services or information on childcare subsidies. The Immigrant Settlement program and AbbotsfordWORKS co-hosted the event and provided job...