Moving Ahead ProgramOne-to-one support for newcomers who are facing multiple barriers
Moving Ahead Program (MAP)
During COVID-19, MAP staff are working remotely to maintain social distancing.
We are available to connect via telephone and email.
The Moving Ahead Program provides one to one support for immigrants or refugees who are facing multiple barriers to successful settlement into Canada.
Moving Ahead is a collaborative, case-managed service model for the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and client centered programming. Our program chiefly utilizes outreach and in-home consultation and support as a foundation for service delivery to the multi-barrier refugees and immigrants in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, and Aldergrove.
- Intake and in-home assessment
- Case management of individual client files
- Settlement information and counselling
- Practical assistance & supported access to services
- Support groups and workshops
- Life skills, literacy and essential skills development
Who We Help
This program is for high needs and high-risk immigrant adults and families in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, and Aldergrove. We help:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- A Protected Person as defined by Section 95 of the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act
- Individuals who have been selected by Canada to become Permanent Residents and have received a letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada stating so
This program is NOT open to Refugee Claimants until their claim is accepted.
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Meeting IRCC’s eligibility requirements, AND
- Meeting the complexity, multiplicity, and severity of the barriers faced by potential participants
To Access the Moving Ahead Program
- Please call us or come into our office so we can assess your eligibility for support.
- You can refer yourself or you may be referred by a community partner.
- Services are provided for 12 – 18 months at no charge to clients.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
#5 – 32700 George Ferguson Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 4V6
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
Nominations are now open for the 18th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards. “While we aren't quite sure what format the 2021 awards will be in, we do want to keep recognizing champions of diversity and inclusion,” said event organizer Patricia...
Like many programs, Archway Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) experienced considerable upheaval at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, their team was able to adjust quickly so they could continue ensuring community members would have access to...