Moving Ahead ProgramOne-to-one support for newcomers who are facing multiple barriers
Moving Ahead Program (MAP)
Moving Ahead is a collaborative, case-managed service model for the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and client-centered programming. Our program chiefly utilizes outreach and in-home consultation and support as a foundation for service delivery to the multi-barrier refugees and immigrants in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, and Aldergrove.
- Intake and in-home assessment
- Case management of individual client files
- Settlement information and counselling
- Practical assistance & supported access to services
- Support groups and workshops
- Life skills, literacy and essential skills development
Who We Help
This program is for high needs and high-risk immigrant adults and families in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, and Aldergrove. We help:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- A Protected Person as defined by Section 95 of the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act
- Individuals who have been selected by Canada to become Permanent Residents and have received a letter from Citizenship & Immigration Canada stating so
This program is NOT open to Refugee Claimants until their claim is accepted.
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Meeting IRCC’s eligibility requirements, AND
- Meeting the complexity, multiplicity, and severity of the barriers faced by potential participants
To Access the Moving Ahead Program
- Please call us or come into our office so we can assess your eligibility for support.
- You can refer yourself or you may be referred by a community partner.
- Services are provided for 12 – 18 months at no charge to clients.
8:30am – 4:30pm
Monday – Friday
#300-2975 Gladwin Rd
Abbotsford, BC V2T 5T4
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
The 2023 Gift Wrap season is now complete and a huge thank you to everyone who made this fundraiser a success. Sevenoaks Shopping Centre has hosted this fundraiser for Archway for several years and has been an amazing partner throughout. Their ongoing support with...
Save time during the holidays by using the gift-wrapping booth organized by Archway Community Services.
Meet Khesraw: A resilient Afghan refugee who found his new home in Abbotsford.