New Beginnings Young Parent ProgramPart-time and full-time programs for young parents to complete or upgrade their high school education
New Beginnings Young Parent Program
During COVID-19, New Beginnings childcare is operating with extended hours from 7:30am – 4:00pm.
Please contact us for details.
Since 1990, Abbotsford’s New Beginnings has been known as a leader in working with young mothers and fathers.
We provide part-time and full-time programs for young parents to complete or upgrade their high school education as well as high quality childcare, parenting courses, and individual support.
New Beginnings offers:
- Academic classroom for young mothers and fathers
- On-site daycare (licensed care for children aged under 36 months)
- Parenting classes and support
- Individualized help
- Community Education about Adolescent Sexuality (CEAS) presentations
- Programs for community fathers with children aged 0 – 6 years old
Who We Help
- Parents who wish to complete or upgrade their Grade 12 education and are either pregnant or parenting a child under 3 years
To Access New Beginnings
- Please give us a call if you are interested in attending New Beginnings.
- Registration runs from August 28th – September 8th.
Did You Know?
The New Beginnings program began in 1990.
“I’ve gained some important skills and improved myself and my parenting. I’ve made a few friends and worked hard on my academic goals to achieve them.”
9:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Thursday
Assessment appointments can be scheduled for evenings & weekends
Archway Community Services
102-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from the Family & Children Programs
A $10,000 grant from CN will fund a domestic violence prevention program specifically geared towards Punjabi-speaking immigrant men. Courtyard for Men offers eight psychoeducational therapy group sessions in Punjabi with licensed counsellors who teach effective...
Reg Unrau has been with Abby Dads for nearly 10 years; joining in the ‘early days’ of the program which supports local fathers as they endeavour towards healthier relationships with their families. The program was initially a part of the New Beginnings Young Parent...
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented situation that is challenging the mental health of virtually everyone. Even if you're not concerned about the health of a loved one or loss of employment, changes to your daily routines and inability to socialize and conduct...