Seniors Income Tax & Benefit ApplicationsVolunteers complete income tax forms & government benefit applications for local individuals 55+ and with modest incomes.
Seniors Income Tax & Benefit Applications
Archway Community Services has decided to suspend the Income Tax program effective immediately to mitigate concerns regarding COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we enact measures to reduce risk.
Please note it was announced on March 28, 2020 that the Canada Revenue Agency has extended the deadline to file taxes to June 1st, and the deadline to pay to September 1st.
Income Tax Preparation is a service offered by the Seniors Program at Archway Community Services for those who are 55 and older and who reside in Abbotsford.
Trained volunteers help prepare income tax forms for eligible participants and help them secure access to any benefits they are entitled to.
Please note the income tax service operates on a volunteer basis with limited resources.
Appointments are based on a first-come first-served basis. If you are not able to get in before taxes are due on April 31st you can contact Canada Revenue Agency for assistance at 1-800-959-8281.
While services are free, a donation is encouraged and greatly appreciated.
People We Help
- Abbotsford residents 55+ with modest income and simple tax returns.
- $30,000 for individuals
- $40,000 for couples
- $35,000 for single parents
Simple Tax Return
Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes only from these sources:
- benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSP’s)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest income (must be under $1,000)
Ineligible Tax Returns
If you have any of the following situations, we are unable to help complete your income tax form:
- Rental or business income
- Capital gains or losses on sale of principle residence
- Return is for a deceased individual
- Tax returns that are more than 3 years old. (We can help you complete 2017 – 2019 income tax returns)
To Access Income Tax Help
- Please call 604.743.0354 or come to 2420 Montrose Avenue to book an appointment.
- Appointments are required: We will not be accepting income tax drop-offs.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will allow us to check your forms and ensure that you have all the necessary forms on-hand.
- If you are going to be late, please call and notify our office as soon as possible.
- If you are late to your scheduled appointment, your appointment time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Income Tax volunteer.
- If you have to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please provide us with 24 hours’ notice.
Support For Seniors During COVID
“I can’t thank you enough for helping me get all my taxes up to date. I had just given up on seeing it through.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing income tax preparation services since 1976.
Other Sources of Assistance
If you are not eligible for this tax clinic, you may be eligible for another tax clinic.
Contact the Canada Revenue Office at 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services.
9:00am – 2:00pm
Monday to Friday
By Appointment Only
Archway Community Services
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Senior Services
The Archway Skills Training Results in Directed Education and Employment (STRIDE) program has moved their program to an effective combination of online/tele-consults and in person to keep supporting clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. STRIDE helps unemployed or...
By Megan Capp, Manager of Social Justice, Seniors and Housing at Archway Community ServicesWe are living in unprecedented times. Globally, COVID-19 swiftly and drastically impacted all of our lives. We worry about our economic livelihood. We struggle with the...
As the seriousness of COVID-19 was becoming rapidly apparent, Archway Community Services saw an opportunity to act. With a longstanding history of supporting our community in times of crisis, existing resources in the Seniors Department were quickly deployed...