Seniors Income Tax & Benefit ApplicationsHelps local individuals 55+ with modest incomes complete income tax forms & government benefit applications
Seniors Income Tax & Benefit Applications
The Income Tax program is now closed for 2021 and will re-open in 2022.
Income Tax Preparation is a service offered by the Seniors Program at Archway Community Services for those who are 55 and older and who reside in Abbotsford.
A income tax professional helps prepare income tax forms for eligible participants and help them secure access to any benefits they are entitled to.
Appointments are based on a first-come first-served basis. If you are not able to get in before taxes are due you can contact Canada Revenue Agency for assistance at 1-800-959-8281.
People We Help
- Abbotsford residents 55+ with modest incomes and simple tax returns
- $35,000 for individuals
- $45,000 for couples
- $40,000 for single parents
Simple Tax Return
Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes only from these sources:
- Benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP’s)
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- Interest income (must be under $1,000)
Ineligible Tax Returns
If you have any of the following situations, we are unable to help complete your income tax form:
- Rental or business income
- Capital gains or losses on sale of principle residence
- Tax return is for a deceased individual
- Tax returns that are more than 3 years old. (We can help you complete 2018 – 2020 income tax returns)
To Access Income Tax Help
- Now that tax season is over, the program is closed and will re-open in 2022.
“I can’t thank you enough for helping me get all my taxes up to date. I had just given up on seeing it through.”
“Thank you so much for being in my corner.”
Other Income Tax Clinics
If you are not eligible for this tax clinic, please contact the Canada Revenue Office at 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services.
9:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Thursday
Assessment appointments can be scheduled for evenings & weekends
Archway Community Services
102-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from Senior Services
Social Prescribing Program When Helen was denied entry across the border from Seattle to Abbotsford due to COVID-19 restrictions, she couldn’t imagine how she could continue to assist her 92-year-old mother Vera with a variety of essential tasks as she advanced in...
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
A pilot Community Van project aims to fill the gap for non-transit transportation in Abbotsford. Volunteers will drive vulnerable and low-income individuals and families to appointments, services and community or work participation activities. Archway Community...