Seniors Income Tax & Benefit ApplicationsHelps local individuals 55+ with modest incomes complete income tax forms & government benefit applications
Seniors Income Tax & Benefit Applications
The Income Tax program is now booking appointments through to April 2023.
An income tax professional helps prepare income tax forms for eligible participants. Please call 604-859-7681 ext 5000 to book an appointment to drop-off your tax information.
One piece of photo ID is also required. Your taxes will be completed and submitted to the CRA in approximately one week. Your tax information can be picked up afterwards.
People We Help
- Abbotsford residents 55+ with modest incomes and simple tax returns
- $35,000 for individuals
- $45,000 for couples
- $40,000 for single parents
Simple Tax Return
Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes only from these sources:
- Benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP’s)
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- Interest income (must be under $1,000)
Ineligible Tax Returns
If you have any of the following situations, we are unable to help complete your income tax form:
- Rental or business income
- Capital gains or losses on sale of principle residence
- Tax return is for a deceased individual
- Tax returns that are more than three years old. (We can help you complete 2020 – 2022 income tax returns.)
- Those who are who currently going through the bankruptcy process
To Access Income Tax Help
- You can call 604.859.7681 Ext 5000 to book an appointment
- At the appointment, intake volunteers will review your tax documents, ask you to sign consent forms, and forward your documents to a tax preparer.
- The tax professional will then prepare and electronically file your income taxes.
- Once your return is complete, you will be contacted to pick up your paperwork and completed forms.
- If you are not available at your scheduled appointment, your appointment time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Income Tax program.
- If you have to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please provide us with 24-hours notice.
“I can’t thank you enough for helping me get all my taxes up to date. I had just given up on seeing it through.”
Other Income Tax Clinics
If you are not eligible for this tax clinic, please contact the Canada Revenue Office at 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services.
9:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Aven
Stories & News from Senior Services
South Asian Day Program: Friendship, Fitness, and Fun
This program means more to us than our pensions,” said Jaswant, one of the participants of the South Asian Day program. Jaswant had been insisting that her family send her back to India as she did not want to stay in Canada any longer. After becoming a regular at the...
Responding to the BC Floods
Thank you to everyone who donated food, money and time to help out those affected by the floods. We are also grateful for the leadership of our city, local First Nations, police and departments as well as search and rescue and during this province-wide emergency. So...
How Senior Services are Going the Extra Mile to Connect with Vulnerable Older Adults
The Senior Services team provides a variety of services such as delivering meals, income tax help, and more.