Seniors Income Tax & Benefit ApplicationsVolunteers complete income tax forms & government benefit applications for local individuals 55+ and with modest incomes.
Seniors Income Tax & Benefit Applications
Income Tax Preparation is a service offered by the Seniors Program at Archway Community Services for those who are 55 and older and who reside in Abbotsford.
Trained volunteers help prepare income tax forms for eligible participants and help them secure access to any benefits they are entitled to.
While services are free, a donation is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated, if one is in a position to support this community-based program.
People We Help
- Abbotsford residents 55+ with modest income and simple tax returns.
- $30,000 for individuals
- $40,000 for couples
- $35,000 for single parents
Simple Tax Return
Your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes only from these sources:
- benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSP’s)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest income (must be under $1,000)
Ineligible Tax Returns
If you have any of the following situations, we are unable to help complete your income tax form:
- Rental or business income
- Capital gains or losses on sale of principle residence
- Return is for a deceased individual
- Tax returns that are more than 3 years old. (We can help you complete 2017 – 2019 income tax returns)
To Access Income Tax Help
- Please call 604.743.0354 or come to 2420 Montrose Avenue to book an appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. This will allow us to check your forms and ensure that you have all the necessary forms on-hand.
- If you are going to be late, please call and notify our office as soon as possible.
- If you are late to your scheduled appointment, your appointment time may be rescheduled at the discretion of the Income Tax volunteer.
- If you have to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please provide us with 24 hours’ notice.
“I can’t thank you enough for helping me get all my taxes up to date. I had just given up on seeing it through.”
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing income tax preparation services since 1976.
Other Sources of Assistance
If you are not eligible for this tax clinic, you may be eligible for another tax clinic.
Contact the Canada Revenue Office at 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services.
9:00am – 2:00pm
Monday to Friday
By Appointment Only
Archway Community Services
Abbotsford V2S 3S9
Stories & News from Senior Services
Abbotsford Community Services Changes Name to Archway Community Services We're excited to announce that Abbotsford Community Services will now be known as Archway Community Services! This change will be more inclusive for the clients we serve beyond Abbotsford and...
The Seniors' Picnic in the Park takes place on July 30, 2018, from 10:30 am - 1:30 pm. Please join us near the Bevan Avenue entrance to Mill Lake! Tickets are just $7 and rides are available if needed. You can pick up tickets at ACS' offices at 2420 Montrose Avenue or...
Sandy Strowbridge was thinking about how he could give back to his community, and the idea of driving people to their medical appointments kept popping up. He wasn’t sure how to get started, but after a conversation with a friend, he was directed to the Seniors...