To help keep our staff and clients safe during COVID-19, we have suspended the Volunteer Income Tax Program for 2020.
The due date for filing individual tax returns has been extended to June 1, 2020. Taxpayers will have until September 1, 2020 to pay any 2019 income tax amounts owed.
Individuals can file their taxes using the following services:
- If you can access a computer, you can file online using CRA certified tax-filing software.
- There are a variety of software products to meet their needs, some of which are free!
- File my Return is a free, secure, and easy–to–use automated telephone service for eligible people with low income or a fixed income whose situations remain unchanged from year to year.
- Those who are eligible will have received an invitation letter in the mail in February 2020 or in their T1 income tax and benefit package.
- If you have questions, you can call the CRA’s individual tax enquiries line at 1-800-959-8281 or visit Canada.ca’s File My Return.
- The service will verify and confirm the caller’s eligibility at the beginning of the call. If the caller is not eligible, the automated call will not let them go further in the process.
- You can still file your income tax return on paper. If you filed on paper last year and your address information with the CRA is up-to-date, you should have received your paper tax package in the mail by February 17, 2020.
- You can view, download and order forms here or call the CRA at 1-855-330-3305 to order a copy. Please keep in mind that it may take 10 days for delivery.
Other Income Tax Clinics
Contact the Canada Revenue Office at 1-800-959-8281 or visit the CRA website for a list of free Income Tax Services.