Immigrant Youth Employment and Skills StrategyProvides employment coaching and group workshops for newcomers ages 15-30
Immigrant Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS)
Immigrant Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) provides coaching, case management and group workshops to youth ages 15-30 who are new to Canada as they explore their employment and education options.
Youth can get support from our Immigrant Youth Employment Specialists with:
- Finding their first job in Canada
- Resume writing,
- Job search help
- Interview preparation
- Building experience and upgrading their skills to find better job opportunities
- Deciding on and applying to career education programs
Who We Help
Youth ages 15-30 who are:
- Permanent Residents
- Protected Persons
- Individuals who have been selected to become Permanent Residents by the government of Canada and have received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating so.
- Ukrainian temporary residents in Canada eligible under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET)
To Access Employment Support through YESS
Please contact us and our Immigrant Youth Employment Specialists will arrange for an intake/needs assessment.
Did You Know?
In Partnership With:
Hours of Operation
9:30am – 5:00pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
5 – 32700 George Ferguson Way
Abbotsford, B.C. V2T 4V6
Stories & News from Related programs
This program means more to us than our pensions,” said Jaswant, one of the participants of the South Asian Day program. Jaswant had been insisting that her family send her back to India as she did not want to stay in Canada any longer. After becoming a regular at the...
Six Abbotsford businesses were recognized for their efforts of inclusive hiring at the Inclusive Employers Excellence Awards.
Laura-Dawn Wilkin and Kyla Darby signed the agreement on behalf of Xyólheméylh while Rod Santiago and Maria Cargnelli signed on behalf of Archway.The Fraser Valley Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society, also known as Xyólheméylh, and Archway Community Services...