Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)LINC students improve their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English and learn about becoming Canadian citizens.
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
Due to the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, LINC classes have been moved online until further notice. New LINC applications can still be submitted and will be processed in the order they are received.
Classes run from September to June with continuous intake. Part-time morning and evening classes are available.
- Be at least 17 years old
- Hold Permanent Resident (PR) status in Canada
To Access English Language Classes
Step 1 – Fill out Application
- To apply, please submit a completed application and copy of PR card (or Confirmation of Permanent Residence) to Archway Community Services located at 31943 South Fraser Way, Unit #102.
Step 2 – Assessment
- Within two weeks of applying, you’ll receive a call from the LINC office to schedule an English assessment. Applicants MUST ATTEND this appointment in order to come to English classes.
- At the appointment, a certified assessor will test four skill areas: listening, speaking, reading, and writing to determine what level the applicant will be placed in.
- This assessment is for our classes only and is NOT VALID for proof of language for Canadian citizenship.
- At the end of the appointment, clients will be given their level.
Step 3 – Sign-up for a Class
- Sometimes clients can get into class quickly and sometimes there is a wait.
- If there is room in your class level, clients will be given a start date.
- If the class is full, clients will be placed on the wait list.
- If you have been on the wait list for more than a month, you can call us at 604. 859.7681 Ext: 216 to get an update on your place on the wait list.
My turning point was to join LINC program and learned about everything that was available. Whatever we needed, community services could provide for us. Now we are ready to leave community services and get out into the community and start our new careers and the new page of our lives.”
English Class Application Form
Did You Know?
Monday – Thursday
Assessment appointments can be scheduled for evenings & weekends
102-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
Nominations are now open for the 18th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards. “While we aren't quite sure what format the 2021 awards will be in, we do want to keep recognizing champions of diversity and inclusion,” said event organizer Patricia...
Like many programs, Archway Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) experienced considerable upheaval at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, their team was able to adjust quickly so they could continue ensuring community members would have access to...