Social Prescribing for SeniorsDelaying frailty, encouraging self-care management and reducing loss of independence.
Social Prescribing Program for Seniors
The Social Prescribing program improves outcomes for seniors by offering more choice and control over their lives. The program targets the root causes of health inequalities, and is an important facet of community-centered practice.
The Social Prescribing Program is under the Fraser Health CARES project.
Seniors in Abbotsford area, who may be experiencing:
- Social isolation
- Mental-health challenges
- Major life events, such as the loss of a spouse
- Physical frailty and/or inactivity
- Poor nutrition and/or food security concerns
- Frequent use of primary healthcare or the Emergency Room
- Poor health outcomes associated with social determinants of health, such as low income
Referrals are made by Health Professionals after evaluating the needs of clients that may benefit from the social prescribing program. Clients may be referred to non-clinical support services within Archway or elsewhere in the community, including:
- Physical activity programs such as walking groups
- Skills training
- Nutrition/food security programs, including Meals on Wheels and the Food Bank
- Social programs and services, including coffee clubs and community centers
- Transportation programs
- Better at Home services
- Caregiver support programs, support groups, educations sessions, volunteering opportunities and more
For more information, contact the Seniors’ Community Connector, or complete the program referral form.
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for seniors since 1969.
8:30am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Ave
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
In Partnership With:
Stories & News from Senior Services
The Archway Christmas Neighbour program is looking for support from individuals and organizations.
Ten years of providing home-support services to seniors in Abbotsford.
The Archway Food Bank is seeing more and more households accessing its services every month.