Social Prescribing for SeniorsDelaying frailty, encouraging self-care management and reducing loss of independence.
Social Prescribing Program for Seniors
The Social Prescribing program improves outcomes for seniors by offering more choice and control over their lives. The program targets the root causes of health inequalities, and is an important facet of community-centered practice.
The Social Prescribing Program is under the Fraser Health CARES project.
Seniors in Abbotsford area, who may be experiencing:
- Social isolation
- Mental-health challenges
- Major life events, such as the loss of a spouse
- Physical frailty and/or inactivity
- Poor nutrition and/or food security concerns
- Frequent use of primary healthcare or the Emergency Room
- Poor health outcomes associated with social determinants of health, such as low income
Referrals are made by Health Professionals after evaluating the needs of clients that may benefit from the social prescribing program. Clients may be referred to non-clinical support services within Archway or elsewhere in the community, including:
- Physical activity programs such as walking groups
- Skills training
- Nutrition/food security programs, including Meals on Wheels and the Food Bank
- Social programs and services, including coffee clubs and community centers
- Transportation programs
- Better at Home services
- Caregiver support programs, support groups, educations sessions, volunteering opportunities and more
For more information, contact the Seniors’ Community Connector, or complete the program referral form.
Support For Seniors During COVID
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing services for seniors since 1969.
8:30am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday
Archway Community Services
2420 Montrose Ave
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9
In Partnership With:
Stories & News from Senior Services
South Asian Day Program: Friendship, Fitness, and Fun
This program means more to us than our pensions,” said Jaswant, one of the participants of the South Asian Day program. Jaswant had been insisting that her family send her back to India as she did not want to stay in Canada any longer. After becoming a regular at the...
Responding to the BC Floods
Thank you to everyone who donated food, money and time to help out those affected by the floods. We are also grateful for the leadership of our city, local First Nations, police and departments as well as search and rescue and during this province-wide emergency. So...
How Senior Services are Going the Extra Mile to Connect with Vulnerable Older Adults
The Senior Services team provides a variety of services such as delivering meals, income tax help, and more.