Crime Victim Assistance Program CounsellingIndividual counselling for individuals impacted by trauma
Individual counselling is available for individuals who have been impacted by trauma and have Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP) funding.
Our counsellors have training and experience in working with children and youth impacted by abuse and those who who have witnessed violence.
We also work with non-offending parents of children who have been impacted by abuse, and adult survivors of sexual abuse or physical assault.
The BC government offers financial assistance to victims, witnesses or family members affected by violent crime which can be used towards needs such as counselling. Our counsellors are Approved Providers of counselling for those with CVAP funding.
Who We Help
- Children, youth or adults who have been impacted by abuse and are eligible for CVAP funding towards counselling
To Access CVAP Counselling
- If you already have approved CVAP funding, please contact us to set up an initial appointment.
- Please be aware that we currently have limited capacity and a wait list.
- To book an intake session, please call 604.859.7681 Ext 304 or email
- If you need help obtaining CVAP funding, our Specialized Victim Assistance program can help with filling out the required forms.
- Once you have been approved by the government, you can seek counselling with approved providers in the community.
Did You Know?
Archway has been providing a variety of counselling services since 1969.
News from Counselling, Early Years and Youth Programs
Thank you to Prospera Credit Union who recently secured a grant from Concentra for $10,000, on behalf of Archway Community Services. The funds will support mental health programs at Archway including counselling for youth and families. “The Prospera community team...
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented situation that is challenging the mental health of virtually everyone. Even if you're not concerned about the health of a loved one or loss of employment, changes to your daily routines and inability to socialize and conduct...
Many of us are experiencing uncertainty right now in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. People with children are also noting their increased worry and confusion over school closures, cancellation of plans and other changes and restrictions on daily routines. There...