Language Assessment: Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT)A national, standardized system of measuring a person’s English language proficiency
Language Assessment: Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT)
Due to the latest COVID-19 Public Health Order, all in-person language assessments are cancelled until further notice. Cancelled clients will receive an email or phone call to reschedule once the Language Assessments program re-opens.
The Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) assesses your ability to listen, speak, read, and write English. The test and results are based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) which is a national, standardized system of measuring a person’s English language proficiency.
In order to apply for Canadian Citizenship, you must achieve a CLB 4 or higher in both listening and speaking. However, the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) is NOT accepted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada as proof of language ability (visit the IRCC website for what you need for proof of language).
The CLBPT consists of:
- A speaking and listening test
- A writing test
- A reading test
The CLBPT takes approximately 1½ hours in total.
Clients are given a copy of their results immediately after the test.
To Access CLBPT Assessment
- Please contact us to schedule an assessment.
- The CLBPT assessment costs $100. Fees must be paid before completing the test.
- Clients should confirm with their program, employer, or school that the CLBPT is acceptable as entry to their program.
- For clients scheduled through an employment agency, the test result will be sent directly to the employment counselor/case manager.
- If you are interested in English classes: Please apply to the LINC or Access2English programs. Do not book a CLBPT assessment through this program.
- If you need to retake the CLBPT, you must wait 3 months before testing at our center again.
Did You Know?
Archway has provided services for newcomers for almost 50 years.
9:00am – 3:00pm
Monday – Thursday
Assessment appointments can be scheduled for evenings & weekends
Archway Community Services
102-31943 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V5
Stories & News from Multicultural & Immigrant Integration
It has been just over a year since COVID-19 began seriously impacting day-to-day life in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, Archway has been adapting services to keep clients and staff safe and comply with changing safety recommendations. As we mark the...
Nominations are now open for the 18th annual Fraser Valley Cultural Diversity Awards. “While we aren't quite sure what format the 2021 awards will be in, we do want to keep recognizing champions of diversity and inclusion,” said event organizer Patricia...
Like many programs, Archway Interpretation and Translation Services (ITS) experienced considerable upheaval at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Thankfully, their team was able to adjust quickly so they could continue ensuring community members would have access to...